We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AI close to PDC

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
baltimore
Level Contributor
3,072 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
AI close to PDC

Hubby and I are planning a trip to PDC and thought we had the hotel worked out but now we are second guessing ourselves. We were thinking about RIU Lupita due to the really cheap price.

We are thinking about increasing our budget a little and we are looking for some suggestions. We know we cant afford something like Royal Playa Del Carmen.

We would like a resort on the beach or a shuttle to the beach, all-inclusive and something close to PDC.

We would like a resort that offers a shuttle into PDC. Is there a list of resorts that offer a free shuttle into PDC?

Any sugggestions on a resort.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,525 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AI close to PDC

What about Gran Porto Real? You can get good deals, and it's right in PDC. Beach is not great, but it's right on the beach.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
260 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AI close to PDC

Catalonia Royal Tulum- in Xpuha. Offers a free shuttle into Playa, adults only, amazing beach.....

Ewing, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AI close to PDC

The Catalonia Royal Tulim is a great resort and I would recommend it to anyone. Unless I am mistaken though, the free shuttle into PDC ended last November. It is about 15 minutes outside of Playa.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: AI close to PDC

I agree with London! No the beach isn't all that but it's a 2 minute walk to the royal side for a swim and if you stay at certain room categories you can use the royals restaurants! What's funny is one of our rooms. before we upgraded was exactly across from the Gpr, so the Gpr guests, had the same view, just at a more affordable rate. I told my hubby

That I would be happy to stay at the Gpr, if we were on a budget and had to cut back, it not as fancy as the royal, but given a choice to go there on vacay or stay at home and go to work--- you know what I would do!!! Have fun and good luck with your vacay plans! We stayed at the Riu palace in 2009, and it's a $ 6 cab ride or 20-30 minute walk to 5th ave, we didn't walk, but the whole Riu area complex is gated, called Playacar, it's safe to walk and is very nice!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,867 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AI close to PDC

The Riu has a number of resorts at different prices. Either of the Riu Places would be a great choice. Tulum is closer to 30 minutes from Playa.

baltimore
Level Contributor
3,072 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AI close to PDC

I checked into the GPR and it is a little out of budget. The price of GPR is twice the budget of RIU Lupita. I am still on the hunt. :)

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
400 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AI close to PDC

Grand Coco Bay is reasonably priced (at least from where we live). It's a modest, small resort, but we're considering going back to it because we liked the location so much. A cab ride is very inexpensive, or you can walk to town along the beach, or the slightly longer route via the roads/sidewalks.

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
7,120 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: AI close to PDC

How about the Viva Azteca or the Reef? How do they fit into your price range? They are about a 15 minute walk to Playa.

Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: AI close to PDC

I think the CRT might be a little out of the OP's price range.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: AI close to PDC

Check the Real Playa Del Carmenr. It is a sister hotel of GPR and shares the beach with a private beach club and shuttel to the beach. Hotel is right in PDC. Cheaper since it is not beachfront.