We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playacrawl bars/clubs?

Lincoln, RI
Level Contributor
13 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Playacrawl bars/clubs?

I am going to PDC at the end of July with 5 girls and we are planning on doing the Playacrawl one of the nights. I was told that Thursday night would be Blue Parrot, Los Danzates, and Pink Elephant. Friday is Blue Parrot, Mandala, and Brahma. Which line up is better and what are the bars/clubs like? We love to dance but we aren't looking to go to a super crowded club like Coco Bongo or anything. Thanks for the help!

Manchester
Level Contributor
51 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playacrawl bars/clubs?

I love Mandela!

But there are soooo many cool bars in playa and its so safe you could do it yourself rather than on a tour and see so much more.

Check out Fusion on the beach front its a must but I usually start at Senior Froggs end and work my way along. Playa is the best place with cheesy bars to high end places we love it you really can kinda see everything.

If your looking for something less crowded I'd go for the Thursday but I wouldn't bother with the bar crawl - you'll meet lots of new friends on the way.

Lincoln, RI
Level Contributor
13 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playacrawl bars/clubs?

Thanks for the info Paulier. The crawl is $60 open bar all night and no covers so I thought that seemed like a good deal since I heard most places have covers... Do you think we would spend less if we just did our own thing? Thanks for the help!

Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playacrawl bars/clubs?

caragao --- Most of the places you are naming like, Blue Parrot, Brahma , Pink Elephant have a 10 dlls cover charge , and depending on what you drink , I am assuming you are all girls and you don't drink lots of beer so a sex on the beach or a screwdriver would be around 6-9 dlls each on any of those places. If you guys plan to go to more than one place that charges cover and plan to have more than 3 drinks I would say Playacrawl is a pretty good choice. We did the Playacrawl too our first night and had the open bar all night we got wasted lol, the other nights we went out on our own to other places and even tho they didn't have cover charges we ended up spending much more than 60 USD and not getting nearly as "happy" as we did our Playacrawl night.

Mission, Texas
Level Contributor
144 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playacrawl bars/clubs?

Gotta do the night that includes Mandala. without a doubt....

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
71 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Playacrawl bars/clubs?

i was planing on going to PDC in the end of July too. Are all good clubs/bars are on 5th ave or easy to get to?

Mission, Texas
Level Contributor
144 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Playacrawl bars/clubs?

They are all on Calle 12. Which runs right through 5th Avenue. Super close to each other. You'll have a great time.

Go Mavs!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
71 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Playacrawl bars/clubs?

@Tacoma I heard the clubs are not as big and flashy as in cancun, but they are still alot fun. which i personally dont like jammed packed clubs anyway so sounds like a win win for us.

Unstoppable blue grit!

Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Playacrawl bars/clubs?

Don't forget to stop at the Tequila Barrel and the Beer Bucket bar.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Playacrawl bars/clubs?

Can you walk on the Beach from Senior Frogs to many other beach bars? If so which ones to check out?

Houston, TEXAS
Level Contributor
79 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Playacrawl bars/clubs?

yes, senor frogs is on the beach right in from of the dock of the ferry to cozumel. You can start there from the beach and walk to all the other places. Just wear comfortable shoes. 5th Avenue goes on and on and on.