We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snacks

DALLAS
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Snacks

Flying out of DFW in the morning going to Playa on Sun Country. Can you bring chips and snacks in your carry-on? What about IPAD?

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snacks

Anything that is not a liquid or a gel is fine.

Bayville, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snacks

I agree, we bring all kind of snacks to eat on the plane. We also bring a couple of airplane bottles to make a couple of cocktails during the flight, and have never had a problem.

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
7,261 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snacks

Although, technically, I believe bringing alcohol to consume on the plane is against regulations. :) Right dtagg5?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,329 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snacks

You are correct, MN. In my airline days, we confiscated much alcohol from people bringing their own. Not sure I remember correctly, but believe that is a federal regulation.

Our flight attendants once brought me a gallon jug of bloody marys they confiscated. We never figured out how they got that on the aircraft.

Bayville, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snacks

Actually, I used to hide them, but now I put them right in the ziplock bag on the belt and have never had a problem. It may be against airline rules but they are only two ounces of liquid, so can't see how it's against federal regulations. And again, have never had a problem.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
509 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snacks

I was curious and googled it: "Per Federal Aviation Regulations §121.575 Alcoholic beverages: "No person may drink any alcoholic beverage aboard an aircraft unless the certificate holder operating the aircraft [airline] has served that beverage to him." If caught you will certainly have any minis confiscated and possibly meet the airport police as you disembark."

Yikes...not a rule worth breaking to me!

Bayville, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snacks

I really don't want to start an argument about this. I just said what I have been doing for years. I actually put it on the belt now through the check in and have not had a problem. If they take them away the next time, fine. But until that happens I will continue to do what I have done for the past 20 or more flights that I have been on. I am not telling anyone else to do what I do.

Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Snacks

I do the same thing...been taking alcohol on the flight with me for years...It's like speeding, your innocent until caught...lol

Bayville, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Snacks

I think if it really was a problem I would have been stopped years ago. Now, I am not talking about a gallon of bloody marys! I am talking about 2 airplane bottles for me and 2 for my husband. And if I put them on the belt at check in and they let me go through to the plane, so to me I am doing nothing wrong. I think they should know the FAA regulations.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
509 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Snacks

No argument from me and I never tried starting one. I only said the rule wasn't worth breaking to me. You can do what you want! I looked it up because I hadn't thought of taking little bottles and thought it sounded like a great and cheaper idea. From what I have read, TSA doesn't have a problem with it. People can drink in the airports and frequently bring alcohol back from vacation. It's the FAA and airlines that have a problem. They are worried people will get overly drunk on flights.