We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moderately priced resort with these requirements?

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Moderately priced resort with these requirements?

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a decently mid-priced AI resort with these requirements for my January trip? Im having trouble finding one that meets all of them. The resort can be anywhere from Cancun to just south of PDC.

1. Heated pool

2. Room service

3. Nice gym

4. Internet in rooms (added cost or free)

Thanks,

Alex

Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moderately priced resort with these requirements?

Your selection will be very limited or none at all to find a moderately priced resort with room service and a heated pool.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
402 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Moderately priced resort with these requirements?

Would love to know your definition of moderately priced.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,277 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moderately priced resort with these requirements?

I think Ceiba del Mar has breakfast delivery to the room. Not what I would call moderate, although there were Snique-Away deals, which is what reminded me that it exists (I'm not an AI type)

suitcaseready.com

Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
3,133 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Moderately priced resort with these requirements?

Now I am curious too - are there any heated pools in the RM?

Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moderately priced resort with these requirements?

bc4me:

Many of the higher end resorts have heated pools...The Secrets and Excellence chains for example.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
204 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moderately priced resort with these requirements?

Honestly, I doubt you would need or want a heated pool in this area. If you can give a per person price that could help. A lot of places offer room service, but the question is if you want it included in the cost of the trip.

Vernon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,045 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Moderately priced resort with these requirements?

OP's trip is in January. We have taken a couple of trips to this region in January and a heated pool would have been very welcome. They were too cold to stay in for any length of time if at all!

Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Moderately priced resort with these requirements?

Tuadia :

The pools in the winter months are down right cold......Have you been to the Riviera in January? The night time temps in the past two years have been 10-15 C.......the staff have been wearing sweaters and gloves.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
204 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Moderately priced resort with these requirements?

Yes I have, thanks for making sure. Due diligence is a long lost art. :) Last year the Yucatan had one of the coldest spells in recent history. I cant say I blame them for wearing sweaters when traditionally people sleep in hammocks in the yucatan. I guess a lot depends on what you consider cold. I agree 10 is too cold, but that is hardly typical either.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Moderately priced resort with these requirements?

The Crown Paradise Club in Cancun is moderately priced, has room service, internet (at a cost in a regular room, free for Club Suite) and a nice gym. No heated pools, however. The adult pool does have a swim up bar and a jacuzzi though.