We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I don't get it? Secrets Maroma review...

Battle Ground...
Level Contributor
454 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
I don't get it? Secrets Maroma review...

I just read a new review for SMB. The reviewer stated that the swim out room, they booked, was not available for the first two nights of their stay.

What would your reaction be, if the room you booked and paid for, (in advance), was not available for the first 2 nights of your stay? Who wants to settle in for two nights, then pack and move to the room you should have had from the start?

I guess I don't get it? Do You?

charleston,sc
Level Contributor
332 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I don't get it? Secrets Maroma review...

I wouldn't be thrilled but mistakes happen. Sure seems like it shouldn't be that hard for resorts to keep up with but maybe it is. Just depends on the resorts actions and sincerity about the issue.

Lexington, KY
Level Contributor
164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I don't get it? Secrets Maroma review...

Agreed, mistakes happen, and I would happily accept an upgrade to avoid the inconvenience of having to move rooms.

Battle Ground...
Level Contributor
454 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I don't get it? Secrets Maroma review...

I guess I don't get it, because my husband and I travel twice a year, on vacation and almost weekly, for work. I can happily say that the room I book, and pay for, is always available. I have NEVER been bumped from a more expensive room, to a lower level room.

Not the first time I have read this, with regard to SMB... seems odd.

Battle Ground...
Level Contributor
454 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I don't get it? Secrets Maroma review...

applebrown - according to the post... they were down graded for two nights... not upgraded. That's what I don't get???

Battle Ground...
Level Contributor
454 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I don't get it? Secrets Maroma review...

oops - correction!!!

I PM'd the poster. SMB felt they had upgraded them, not down graded. So I guess SMB did what they could... Gave them a top floor, Preferred Club Ocean View room.

Their disappointment came in to play because they wanted the swim out room - which I have to agree... if you book and pay for a swim out room, then that's what you should get.

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I don't get it? Secrets Maroma review...

We've been to SMB twice and twice booked a non-preferred club ocean view room and twice were told upon arrival that the category of room we booked was not available. First time, they "upgraded" us to a non-preferred swim out room and I HATED it!! Luckily, they were able to place us in the right room the next day. Second time we got "upgraded" to a preferred-club ocean-view room, but with twin beds instead of King. However, we did not receive any of the PC amenities. Would have preferred the King bed, but we stayed with what we got that time. IMO, there SHOULD be some compensation if you are downgraded....

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,694 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I don't get it? Secrets Maroma review...

I would not be happy and IMPO, a top-floor room, regardless of whether it's an 'upgrade' is not the equivalent of a swim-out room. In this circumstance, I would expect compensation, and a huge apology

Battle Ground...
Level Contributor
454 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I don't get it? Secrets Maroma review...

So I'm not crazy!

That is exactly what I thought... I would be really ticked off.

Preferred Club, swim out rooms are more expensive than the Preferred Club Ocean View rooms. The only room more expensive is the Honeymoon suite, which I could care less about.

I guess the Presidential Suite is more expensive, but you never hear of anyone getting upgraded to that level - since 1 week is roughly $12,000 per week! With over 1800 sq ft - I would be okay with that upgrade (LOL)!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
207 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I don't get it? Secrets Maroma review...

So in the words of Jerry Seinfeld, "They know how to TAKE the reservation, they just don't know how to HOLD the reservation" :)

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,499 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I don't get it? Secrets Maroma review...

I don't care how large is the room, but $12,000 per week at Secrets? None of the rooms are worth this kind of money, and I dare to say even half of the above. I have stayed at Secrets twice, not that particular resort, but it is not a luxury resort IMO, maybe by Mexican standards.