We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mosquitoes as Secrets Maroma???

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
mosquitoes as Secrets Maroma???

Are the mosquitoes so bad at night that you cannot enjoy being outside? We leave next Monday..and I am getting a little nervous based on some of the reviews.

Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mosquitoes as Secrets Maroma???

The Mozzy situation is directly proportional to the amount of rain that falls in the previous days to your arrival.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mosquitoes as Secrets Maroma???

and if the property sprays or not. you knew it was a tropical jungle and its the rainy season now. right?

Edited: 14 July 2011, 17:16
birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mosquitoes as Secrets Maroma???

I haven't been yet but Cuba was the same when we went there. We went the rainy season. It does depend on how much rain there is. It won't just be SMB that has the problem. It's not the hotels fault tho.

In cuba they used to spray & drop mosquito stuff out of a tiny plane when every1 was in bed. Didn't make a difference though the little buggers came out still. Everyone was moaning, that's what happens in these kinds of places. Not alot can be done about it really.

See you there we arrive Sat WAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mosquitoes as Secrets Maroma???

SMB does spray the property around sunset. Just bring some bug spray w/deet and that should help.

Morton, IL
Level Contributor
935 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: mosquitoes as Secrets Maroma???

Missy..have you seen the bug repellent towlettes? I think they're by Off, but not sure. Individually packaged & very easy to pack and won't be counted as a liquid if you're only doing carry-on. Plus they can be tucked in your purse, camera bag, or men's pant pockets for the evenings. Then if you need one, just pull it out. I buy the Avon skin-so-soft ones & take them on every trip. They even smell good!

Have a great time at SMB!

lew
houston, texas
Level Contributor
824 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mosquitoes as Secrets Maroma???

Just got back from our third trip to SMB on Saturday. I can say we did encounter a few mosquitos on THIS trip, and I believe it to be directly proportional to the large amount of rain they had just gotten. The resort DORS spray. You can request your room be sprayed, and all the restaurants had mosquito towelettes.

Lee's Summit...
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: mosquitoes as Secrets Maroma???

One of the best reasons to go in Dec...NO mosquitos, at least we didn't have a problem and didn't even need repellant.

8. Re: mosquitoes as Secrets Maroma???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 11:17