We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale Shark Companies

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
alameda
Level Contributor
68 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Whale Shark Companies

Now in Pdc. Walking around and talking to people I can find whale shark tours from 130 to 190$ Someone at the hotel told me there are a few actual companies that do the actual trip and most of the tour people all use the same companies (boats etc). I read a really bad review a few days ago on the forum somewhere about one company and everyone getting sick and the food being low budget. My question is if anyone knows what group Sollatino uses or which group Blue Caribe dive uses?

One guy who advertizes says he is the main boat and don't use a

m iddle man but costs more than the rest.

thanks

alameda
Level Contributor
68 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whale Shark Companies

still wondering

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,224 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whale Shark Companies

the only thing I can tell you about this is everyone gets sick. Was just down in Belize at a dive lodge during a whale shark week and they were all sick - including the owner of the hotel/dive instructor who is on boats regularly (you need to take a 1.5 hour boat to get to/from his resort out on an atoll island)

When I asked why they dont take snorkelers, I was told because they all get sick bobbing around on top of very rough water. As one who gets seasick snorkeling in anything but flat water, I was happy to not go! They didnt see any whalesharks anyway - there are no guarantees.

suitcaseready.com

Edited: 04 August 2011, 21:29
Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,994 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whale Shark Companies

Not everyone gets sick (seasick). I don't know all the folks who do these trips but here are two to look at.

islawhalesharks.com

swimwithwhalesharks.com

4. Re: Whale Shark Companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 01:15