We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Maroma, Excellence Playa Mujeres or Le Blanc

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets Maroma, Excellence Playa Mujeres or Le Blanc

Have been to Excellence Playa Mujeres and Secrets Maroma..Loved both. Wondering how Le Blanc compares to either one.It looks beautiful but my husband does not like the fact that it is right in Cancun's Hotel Zone.

Kennewick...
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Maroma, Excellence Playa Mujeres or Le Blanc

Yes it does compare as one of the best. Of course you are in the Hotel zone which some people don't like. Le Blanc is very nice but IMO not worth the high price they charge compared to other adults only resorts in Cancun.

I would choose it for a honeymoon first. For couples I think The Royal Cancun is a better value and equally as nice.

LeBlanc will impress with its service, drinks and food, I do not care for the rooms so much. EPM and SMB have a much better tropical feel.

Edited: 14 September 2011, 02:11
New York City, New...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Maroma, Excellence Playa Mujeres or Le Blanc

Hi!

I am trying to decide between Secrets maroma and Excellence Playa Mujeres for my honeymoon. Since you have been to both I would love your thoughts on which you would recommend- my husband wanted beautiful water and white sand beach- I am more into a clean and nice pool and nice beds and good food.

Thanks!

Lacey

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Maroma, Excellence Playa Mujeres or Le Blanc

For beach Secrets Maroma is much better than Excellence Playa Mujeres. I think EPM in general is prettier but both are wonderful. I would happily return to either one.

New York City, New...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Maroma, Excellence Playa Mujeres or Le Blanc

So helpful - thanks! If it is okay can I ask you a few other quick questions:

1. Food: Is there many more choices of food at EPM? Or is comparable? Is the food good at secrets?

2. Alcohol: Do both have the same high end stuff?

3. Size: Is there as much to do? Bars to go to? Pool options at SMB as there are at EPM?

Thanks again!

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets Maroma, Excellence Playa Mujeres or Le Blanc

I was at EPM soon after it opened so I think it still had a few kinks to work out but we still loved it. I think we liked food, cocktails, entertainment a little more at SMB and the service was amazing. The rooms, spa and pools were better at EPM.

New York City, New...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets Maroma, Excellence Playa Mujeres or Le Blanc

Thanks so much! That really helps.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets Maroma, Excellence Playa Mujeres or Le Blanc

LeBlanc is our favorite adult only AI in MX. We have stayed at EPM once and would not return and have visited SMB multiple times.

LeBlanc is a big step up from these resorts. Food is very good, beach is wide and water a gorgeous color, though SMB has the better beach overall. EPM IMO does not have a nice beach. We like the choice of pools at LeBlanc as well as the overall vibe of the resort. Spa and fitness facilities are excellent.

We have stayed 4x at LeBlanc and find the location in the hotel zone to be perfect. We can get out and about easily and we are not ones to park ourselves at a resort and stay there. EPM was too isolated and SMB not too far from Playa del Carmen.

Service at LB is superior, top shelf liquor is everywhere. Wine is available by bottle and glass and there is a nice selection. Beds are luxurious and rooms well appointed.

We found the food at the ala cartes at EPM to be mediocre and service to be inconsistent. Beds at EPM were hard and linens scratchy. It all depends really on what matters to you.

For us, LeBlanc wins hands down. The others are luxury light and LB is the real deal.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
860 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets Maroma, Excellence Playa Mujeres or Le Blanc

LeBlanc is an incredible resort no doubt. Only thing that bothers us (probably doesn't matter to others) is no balcony. When we travel to a beach destination having a balcony to sit on with morning coffee is high on our list. No balcony is a deal breaker.Besides that it is very nice.

We are thinking SMB this year, so will be nice to compare the 2 resorts.

9. Re: Secrets Maroma, Excellence Playa Mujeres or Le Blanc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2012, 10:17