We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Palace,3 in a room.

kent
Level Contributor
295 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Palace,3 in a room.

Thinking about 3 week holiday in europe for my wife 50th birthday or 2 weeks in mexico,my daughter wants to come as well and it says the rooms can take 3 adults( she is 15 ), are they big enougth for 3 and what type of beds do you get with 3 people.

Have to go in August so a little worried about the weather.

Thank you for any info.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,961 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Palace,3 in a room.

The Riu Palace Mexico has 2 queen beds pushed together or a king plus a fold out bed from the couch in the sitting area a few steps below the bedroom. Rooms are open to each other with no walls.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,805 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Palace,3 in a room.

Sorry swami but I think that's a bit of an exageration. LOL I'd say they're 2 times 3/4 beds pushed together. We have a queen bed and it's a couple feet wider than their individuals and we also have a double in our spare room and it's wider than their individuals. The RPRM also has similar arrangements although they do have some rooms with true kingsize. I've never seen that couch fold out and tried many times, just to see if it would. And you have to ask for a mattress top to make the 2 beds into a kingsize. We've asked before but nada. They'll put a rollaway into the room if you like. But the way they are you and your wife can share one bed (we do although it's quite cramped compared to our queen) and your daughter the other. But you'll all three be close.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
433 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Palace,3 in a room.

We stayed at RPM with our son a couple of times. We took the main bed (two beds pushed together to resemble a king) and our son slept on the pullout couch. It was a bit crowded when the bed was pulled out, but it was put back together after the maids cleaned to give us room. The rooms at RPM are considered junior suites so they are larger than a regular hotel room. The bathroom has a separate toilet area with a door. The bathrooms are larger than an average hotel room would be. There are also nice big closets for all of your clothes. It's a nice resort.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,961 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Palace,3 in a room.

Bob we have used the fold out, without any problems maybe not all rooms have them.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,805 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Palace,3 in a room.

Guess I'll just have to put more muscle into it swami. LOL When I looked I couldn't see any kind of a handle like you see on most of them.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Palace,3 in a room.

Don't even try Bob, the missus will have you sleeping on it when you snore

kent
Level Contributor
295 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Palace,3 in a room.

Well thanks anyway.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,805 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Palace,3 in a room.

I do that jeff, especially after a few drinks. LOL 55 days to go but who's counting. :-)

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Riu Palace,3 in a room.

I suggest a suite. 15 year old on the pullout and parents in the King. Please remember really no privacy for your anniversary. IMHO.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,805 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Riu Palace,3 in a room.

We were in a suite at the RPM last year and for sure the 2 seater couch did not open up into a bed. And the beds were just the 2 pushed together, not a king. It could be different at the RPRM but CliveKent hasn't said which Riu they're going to.