We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM at Sandos playacar hotel.

Yeadon, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
ATM at Sandos playacar hotel.

Hi just wonderd if there is a cash machine at the hotel? I have read the reports on the thefts from the safes and thought it would be safer to get money as and when I need it.

Any info would be good,thanks jet set leeds.

Yeadon, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM at Sandos playacar hotel.

bump

Fort Mitchell...
Level Contributor
736 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATM at Sandos playacar hotel.

I do not remember seeing an ATM on the property. For added comfort, we left $$$, watches and others in our safe everyday without any problems. My daughters even left their ipods out a couple of days and again no problems.

Go enjoy your vacation with no worries. Peace.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,812 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATM at Sandos playacar hotel.

There's an Santander Bank ATM in the Plaza Shopping Centre which is about a 10 minute walk from Sandos.

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATM at Sandos playacar hotel.

I agree with Bob. Never saw one at Sandos but I was told there was one in the Playacar shopping plaza.

Embarrass, Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,766 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATM at Sandos playacar hotel.

You can change money at the front desk ...or go to the bank on 5th across from the bus terminal.

Safes are fine...however you can also keep it in your locked suitcase.

ATM's at resorts do not give great exchange rates...consider some bank debit cards with fixed amounts available from your home banks.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,812 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ATM at Sandos playacar hotel.

As long as the ATM at the resort is bank related you should be ok and getting same rate as bank downtown. For instance the ATMs at the Rius are Bancome machines. And the one at the airport apparently gives great rates and is bank related. Now a stand alone, non-bank related, I'd avoid like the plague.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,170 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: ATM at Sandos playacar hotel.

quote: ATM's at resorts do not give great exchange rates

Viking, tell us more

ATM rates are determined by international rates

The fees are different though and are more at non bank ATMS

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,812 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ATM at Sandos playacar hotel.

Vancouver, I think you'll find the different banks down there use different rates. Just like at home you can go into 4 different banks and get 4 different rates for US$ or any other currency. They may be fractions of a cent but they're often different.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,057 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ATM at Sandos playacar hotel.

Vancouver, afraid you are wrong on this one. ATM exchange rates vary widely from bank to bank and machine to machine. The rate can be anything the bank wants to be but all are usually close. Do avoid privately owned ATMs. You never know what the rate and fees will be.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,170 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: ATM at Sandos playacar hotel.

I would agree that different banks use different rates but have used private and bank related ATMs and never saw much of a rate difference

Rates between my hotel , airport, and an ATM in PA were very close on my last trip

My opinion

Robert, if you have a website you can show me to , I would be interested