We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandos Playacar

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
pittsburgh pa
Level Contributor
67 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Sandos Playacar

Have questions about resort.

How's the food?

Is there any seafood offered at the restaurants?

What rooms are nicer standard or Hacienda suite?

What kinds of Vodka and Bourbon Whiskey?

Brantford, Canada
Level Contributor
333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandos Playacar

We were there for two weeks in August , overall we were happy with Sandos . Food does become a little boring , but there is a good selection . Seafood well not really , fried fish , salmon , mussels , and sometimes shrimp in paella . We stayed in the Riviera section , great rooms , nice quiet pools , swim up bar :-) Vodka , Smirnoff for sure and i saw Jack Daniels . The lobby bar has premium booze , if you do not see always ask . Have fun .

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandos Playacar

The steak restaraunt has a nice shrimp brochette. The mediterranean (open only for dinner) has seafood, but we didn't eat there, so I don't know specifics.

We stayed in a standard room with an ocean view. It was great. We were close to everything. The room was not one of the updated ones, but was very clean and comfortable. The bathroom had been updated and was terrific. I really like seeing the sea from my room, which you won't get from Hacienda or Riviera rooms, but really, it all depends on your preference.

Enjoy!! I can't wait to get back.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandos Playacar

We been to Sandos 5 times before and love it. Just a few hours ago I booked vacation for Jan 5-12 and returning to Sandos for the sixth time..

Lakeville...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandos Playacar

We just went for the first time based on an amazing price. For us, the food was the most major and probably only complaint I had. We started out in the rooms by the pool/beach (not new) and were moved immediately.

The new rooms are GORGEOUS and amazing.

There was plenty of top shelf liquor, you just need to ask.

We lost weight, the food was terrible. We hit the buffet after EVERY a la carte because the food was so bad.

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandos Playacar

Agree with Fluffy. The food was pretty terrible. I contemplated making a Mega run, that's how bad it was. The food is the reason we would not return (plus we do not have kids and it was fairly family oriented). The beach is the resort's shining star-it is amaaazing.

Boston...
Level Contributor
137 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandos Playacar

Just want to throw out a different opinion. We went last year to Sandos and are returning in three weeks. Last time was with a group of around 20 and nobody had any issues with the food We all thought it was fine. Can't remember exact types of seafood. . As for top shelf alcohol, ask and you shall receive, best choices are at The Lobby Bar. We stayed in Haciendas, it was nice becuse our group had almost the whole building and pool to ourselves. This time I requested Riviera, walk is not what some make it out to be.

7. Re: Sandos Playacar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 01:15