We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wristbands

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Topic
wristbands

Does Iberostar Grand require guests to wear wristbands?

ri
Level Contributor
558 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wristbands

yes. I have seen a few request they be put around their ankles instead of wrist. I wouldn't go that far. They don't bother us that much. There are 5 resorts on the property so they need to distinguish somehow.

Kingston, Ontario
Level Contributor
633 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wristbands

Every AI we have ever heard of and been to has wristbands. Some are much more comfy than others. Some are stiff cheap plastic and others are nice and rubbery so they dont hurt while doing stuff.

Johnstown...
Level Contributor
1,938 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: wristbands

The ones at the Grand are clear and I forget its there after a short time. If no bands is important you'd do better with one of the chains that don't use them - Excellence and secrets for sure and maybe the Rius and some others.

nik

Bayville, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wristbands

I don't know about Excellence and Secrets, but Riu's definitely have wristbands. That being said, I never worried about them being uncomfortable. I just worried about having a big white strip on my arm where the band was when I get home. Well, that has never happened. Next week will be our sixth AI with wristbands, and we have never had a problem. We never even notice that they are there once they put them on.

Presho, South Dakota
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wristbands

I do get the white strip on my wrist where the band was. It's ok, I can show off my tan!

We have never found the bands to be a problem. Just need to be careful, as some resorts charge a lot if you lose it.

Have Fun!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
281 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wristbands

i personally use the wrist band as a "tan-o-meter".......

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,850 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wristbands

Wristbands never used to bother me until I went to a resort that doesn't have them. Now they bug me and whilst it's not a deal-breaker, I have to admit that I prefer resorts where they're not required.

8. Re: wristbands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 01:17