We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greetings from Playa del Carmen

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Greetings from Playa del Carmen

Just wanted to let you know about some of the beach conditions. If you��re planning to walk the beach from Playacar resorts towards the ferry, you can��t unless you plan on swimming. No beach left in front of quite a few places just south of the ferry, so can��t walk south to check out what it��s like in front of the resorts. Lots of huge rocks in front of the quaint hotels in Playa, but there is still a nice public beach with plenty of space for volleyball. For those of you interested in the Royal Porto, have not checked it out yet, but is on my ��to do`list. Lots of new restaurants and shops....building new places all the time. New Palace resort is going to be beautiful but won��t have a beach at all. Will report more later. Weather is beautiful!!!

Nashville TN
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Greetings from Playa del Carmen

I could not be more jealous of you.... my only consolation is that I will be down there in just a week!!! Leave some sun for me!!

Prior Lake, MN
Level Contributor
138 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Greetings from Playa del Carmen

Candylady- How does the beach in front of the Yucatan look? Have a great time!

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Greetings from Playa del Carmen

Thanks CandyLady! I'm one of the ones very interested in what you find out about the Royal Porto Real... I know that it's not open yet (other than that one wing), but will be interested to hear what you see, and when you think the pool, restaurants, beach-facing rooms will be done (I've still got my rez there for my honeymoon in April, but am wavering).

Thanks for all your great info and enjoy out there!!

Lobo

Level Contributor
555 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Greetings from Playa del Carmen

Hi Candylady.

Does this mean the Azteca does not have much beach? I wish I was there, it is freezing today!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Greetings from Playa del Carmen

Thank you for the info CandyLady,

How does the beach in front of RH look, has it gotten worse since January? Enjoy your vacation....Just so it's a little sweeter....IT'S FREEZING HERE IN THE NORTHEAST. Get some sun for all of us.

New England
Level Contributor
145 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Greetings from Playa del Carmen

Have Fun, Candylady401, You deserve it!

British Columbia...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Greetings from Playa del Carmen

Thanks Candylady, for taking the time to e-mail all of us beach lovers out there! We will be staying at the Allegro on Feb4th to 18th. Looks like we will be swimming to the ferry for our stroll. Hope you are having a great trip. Smiles Sandgirl

calgary,ab
Level Contributor
183 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Greetings from Playa del Carmen

Hey Candylady,

Thanks for the update. Look forward to your thoughts on the Royale PR.

Have fun in the sun!

UK
Level Contributor
83 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Greetings from Playa del Carmen

hi candylady......we brits are also jealous but are counting down to feb 10th...not long now. also interested in the beach at the Riu Yucatan if you are able to report.

have a fantastic hol and dont use all the sun, feb 10th is coming!!

london england
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Greetings from Playa del Carmen

Hi Candylady,

Ever thought of being paid for the fantastic reporting you do? of which we are eternally grateful!!

Having fun I hope!! Any news on Riu Yucatan renovations? We've had our holiday cancelled due to renovation works being allocated during our stay 27/03/05 through 11/04/05. 13 of us travelling! Iberostar Quetzal has been offered as an alternative. Is this a good choice? Shoud we be insisting on the Lindo or Maya?

Spinner from the UK you might need to know this information and check with your tour operator to see if everything is ok for Feb. I really hope it is.

Sunfunmum