We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edventure Tours, yay or nay?

Midland, Texas
Level Contributor
55 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Edventure Tours, yay or nay?

I've heard wonderful things regarding this tour group: zip lining, early Tulum tours, cliff jumps, cenote snorkeling, the works. Anyone have any particular experiences or stories to share, good or bad?

We're beyond the 3 weeks til mark so I'm attempting to start hammering out our itinerary. Already have our dinner reservations made for Krystal at RPM the night we arrive! :) Thanks in advance for any input!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,721 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Edventure Tours, yay or nay?

Lol...we have our resv for the brazillian rest at rpm for the day we arrive too!

Weve done edventures and thought that it was a great sampler of things to do. Ive read somewhere that they redid their ziplines...which is a good things as their original lines were kinda lame. We were pretty happy with the tour and were glad to have taken it w ed...now we do it on our own to some of our fave spots and spend more time there. If youre new to the area its a great way to see whats available...in one day.

So go ahead and book them! But i think youd have to pare down the activities as you couldnt fit them all into the limited daylight in nov (sun sets at 5).

Midland, Texas
Level Contributor
55 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Edventure Tours, yay or nay?

Ooooh, thanks for the heads up! I forgot about the time change/shorter days. And yes, it is our first time so that's probably a better idea to sample the sights as you said. :)

Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,721 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Edventure Tours, yay or nay?

actually...days arent shorter...theyre longer....sunrise is 6 am! so it does pay to get up early. i usually do when down there...im a wake up with the sun type. i love the early mornings there...i usually grab a coffee, walk around, take in the silence and enjoy the singing of those awesome black birds.

but i think most are a wake up at 1030'ish when on a beach vacation!

with ed we did: zip lining, canoeing, cliff dive, snorkel in dos ojos, lunch in akumal, snorkel with turtles and then finally snorkel in yal ku lagoon. by 5 pm we were pretty tired as we started from the resort at 7am. hindsight id have cut out the ziplining/canoe/cliff jump and spent more time at dos ojos, akumal and yal ku. trip to tulum would be nice and i think you do that first thing in the am and beat the big tour buses.

Midland, Texas
Level Contributor
55 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Edventure Tours, yay or nay?

Yeah, I read they're doing Tulum first in the AM. I just read about Xel Ha, is that basically the same type thing? And they do the whole all-inclusive thing which is a plus.

EVERYWHERE
Level Contributor
527 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Edventure Tours, yay or nay?

We did Edventure tours and loved them. Have used them 3 different trips and did different stuff on each and every trip....that's the best thing about them imo ...they will "Customize" a tour based on your wants/needs and the size of your group.

We loved all that we did but our favs were: Coba, Dos Ojos, Sian Kaan biosphere, a visit to a Mayan Village, oh..and the Jungle Place. Good luck w /your research

PS...these visits of the mentioned above were on various mixed visits not all in one day. :)

north carolina
Level Contributor
221 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Edventure Tours, yay or nay?

YAY! We went with them in June! Tulum, Zip lines, Dos Ojos, Yal Ku and Aukmal! It was a FULL FUN day and our guide Moises was awesome!

Colorado
Level Contributor
177 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Edventure Tours, yay or nay?

We used Edventure Tours. The main guy that runs it, I forget his name is kinda crazy and hectic but it was fun tour. Our guide was great and spoke perfect english. I would suggest staying and snorkeling with the sea turtles rather than going to the last place to snorkel. The water was kinda oily and it was just kinda boring, I'd a rather stayed in the ocean.

I would use them again, and I would recommend them.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,776 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Edventure Tours, yay or nay?

I've never heard of anyone knocking Edventure Tours. I'm sure someone has had a bad time, but it I've never heard a bad word.

calgary
Level Contributor
1,721 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Edventure Tours, yay or nay?

The main guy who runs it is named Eduardo, hence the name Edventure Tours. We used them this past March. Went to the Jungle Place instead of the ziplines, Dos Ojos, Akumal and Yul-Ku. I would agree that Yul-Ku was the least interesting, but it was certainly not bad. I highly recommend it.

Clinton Township...
Level Contributor
584 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Edventure Tours, yay or nay?

Can not speak more highly of Ed and his crew. I promise you that if you do book with them they will provide the most memorable day of your entire vacation.

Little Tip though..... not sure how many are in your group but I highly recommend emailing them ahead of time to see about getting your own private guide for the day. There is a very minimal cost to do so but well worth it. I believe it was around $40 USD but please dont quote me on that. My wife and I had the private guide and it was great because our guide let us do everything at our own pace. No dealing with other people, kids, etc...