We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waverunners/Massages in PDC off 5th Ave? Playa Maya Hours?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
843 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Waverunners/Massages in PDC off 5th Ave? Playa Maya Hours?

We wanted to spend an afternoon in PDC. On the agenda is having lunch at Playa Maya w/some of their famous coconut shrimp, then rent a waverunner, get a massage on the beach. Can anyone tell me where we can find the waverunners/massage on the beach and how much they cost? Also, how long can you take waverunner out / how long is massage? Can you pay for these USD or Pesos or credit cards? And what time does Playa Maya stop serving food (I heard they're only opened for lunch). Thank you!!

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
8,748 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Waverunners/Massages in PDC off 5th Ave? Playa Maya Hours?

We open for breakfast at 8:00 and take our last orders around 5:30. :-)

Steve

Edited: 31 October 2011, 17:22
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
843 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waverunners/Massages in PDC off 5th Ave? Playa Maya Hours?

Thank you, Steve! Do you also happen to know the answers to the other questions...are there places for massages on the beach and to rent waverunners close to PM?

Wellington, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waverunners/Massages in PDC off 5th Ave? Playa Maya Hours?

there is a place next to Mamacita beach club (28th calle) i think that rents waverunners. I went everyday last week to Magic Hands on 5th ave and had great massages for $25 hr!! Giselle is the best ! it is near 12th on ave5 across from sports bar...

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
843 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waverunners/Massages in PDC off 5th Ave? Playa Maya Hours?

Thank you Lily!

Does anyone know if USD are accepted or credit cards though for waverunners/massages? Also, any other suggestions for locations of these two? Looking for something a bit closer to Playa Maya if possible....

NEWPORT BEACH,CA
Level Contributor
598 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Waverunners/Massages in PDC off 5th Ave? Playa Maya Hours?

I am here now and have had beach massages the laast 3 days(raining rt now-so probably won't get one on the beach).They all have signs out advertising $25 for an hour-it is slow rt now so they have accepted $20 and of course I give the $5 back as a tip.On the beach it appears to be cash only Dollars or Pesos.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
843 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waverunners/Massages in PDC off 5th Ave? Playa Maya Hours?

Thank you very much Dogman!! Have you seen a lot of wave runner rental places too? Sorry you have rain!

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
297 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Waverunners/Massages in PDC off 5th Ave? Playa Maya Hours?

Steve, where can I find the Playa Maya menu? Planning to eat there while we are in PDC next week.

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
8,748 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Waverunners/Massages in PDC off 5th Ave? Playa Maya Hours?

Your waiter should hand it to you shortly after seating you. :-)

But seriously, we don't have an online version at the moment (wasn't that long ago that we updated it), but just drop me a message or an email if there's something specific you wanted to know in advance!

Steve

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
8,748 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Waverunners/Massages in PDC off 5th Ave? Playa Maya Hours?

Sorry -- only just saw this:

"Thank you, Steve! Do you also happen to know the answers to the other questions...are there places for massages on the beach and to rent waverunners close to PM?"

Well we do massages right at Playa Maya. :-)

It is our understanding that wave runners are still not supposed to be operating in this area or perhaps in all of central PDC, actually, for safety reasons, but sometimes they do go out from the area of the beach at the end of 8th St, just north of us a few steps.

Edited: 01 November 2011, 22:24
10. Re: Waverunners/Massages in PDC off 5th Ave? Playa Maya Hours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2012, 04:16