We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New ocean maya royale by h10

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
203 posts
38 reviews
New ocean maya royale by h10

Should I upgrade!!!

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
170 posts
1. Re: New ocean maya royale by h10

no

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
636 posts
57 reviews
2. Re: New ocean maya royale by h10

If the private beach area with cabana beds (8) and waiter is worth the upgrade, then yes. If not, then no.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: New ocean maya royale by h10

It's not new just adults only now.

SW VA
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
23 reviews
4. Re: New ocean maya royale by h10

I went a couple weeks ago for 3 days... since it was a short stay I splurged for the Privilege upgrade. It was worth it for what I paid.

The Privilege beach area was really nice-- I liked having an iced bucket at my side-- filled it with water and as many cans of Montejo as I asked for... Even though It wasn't that hot when I was there, having an air-conditioned room in the buffet was nice and would be great in the hotter months. I also had no limit on reservations-- I even think they offered some lunch reservations but don't quote me on that one.

The top-shelf Privilege licquor was nice but I rarely took advantage of it--- a couple shots of Jagermeister was all I had... may be a good thing there is no Red Bull for Jager Bombs. They didn't have Red Bull in the gift shop either (in case anybody wondered).

I bet the guys on the beach would sell more Red Bull and Monster Energy drinks than they do cheap bracelets and necklaces if one was savy enough to carry a little cooler full with him...

sig
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,588 posts
36 reviews
5. Re: New ocean maya royale by h10

You don't need any reservation to any restaurants privilege or not.

Voorhees, NJ
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: New ocean maya royale by h10

we upgraded when we arrived there and it was cheaper that way...and well worth it all!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: New ocean maya royale by h10

We have booked any paid for the Privilege Upgrade at Ocean Maya Royale. By "top shelf" liquor do they have Crown Royal, VO, or Canadian Club Rye?? Also can you get a better glass of wine than house?? Also wonder why when you pay so much for an upgrade the rooms don't have an Ocean View or do some...also can you buy things like Club Soda at any of the shops on the property? Travelling in Feb/2012

EVERYWHERE
Level Contributor
527 posts
12 reviews
8. Re: New ocean maya royale by h10

IMO go there and see if they have all you want and then if you really need to..then upgrade.

personally we didn't feel the need to.

sig
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,588 posts
36 reviews
9. Re: New ocean maya royale by h10

They do have ocean view rooms, but is not part of privilege package. You don't have to buy privilege package just pay extra for oceanview or ocean front room. The privilege building IMO is the worst IMO from all the building(stayed 1 night and asked to be moved). The difference in liquor is very minor, unless you care to get Absolut Citron vodka insted of regular Absolut.

IMO it is not worth it, but like previous poster said when you get there you can than decide.

Doncaster, United...
1 post
1 review
10. Re: New ocean maya royale by h10

Is smoking allowed in any where in this resort