We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets resorts

whitby, ON
Level Contributor
287 posts
Save Topic
Secrets resorts

We are headed there in 3 weeks more specifically to the Capri. The reviews have been concerning me. What are our options regarding visiting the other secrets resorts and how far away are they?

Rosewood Mayakoba
Rosewood Mayakoba
#1 of 218 hotels in Playa del Carmen
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
#4 of 218 hotels in Playa del Carmen
Berwick, Maine
Level Contributor
811 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets resorts

You can get a day pass for both Silversands and Maroma ( for a fee ) , Maroma is closest to Capri and Silversands is located closest to the airport . We have stayed at Capri and loved it there , ( this was a couple of years ago ) so I may not take the full weight of the reviews to heart.

los angeles,ca
Level Contributor
197 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets resorts

You can go to dinner to Secrets Maroma or Secrets Silversands for free, just let your concierge set it up for you. You will just have to pay for the taxi ride. I would go to Secrets Maroma if given the choice to have dinner from the above mentioned hotels.

WV
Level Contributor
3,589 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets resorts

I am attempting to contact the resorts to see what the upgrade fee (to Maroma) will be as a response tot he recent concerns of travellers. Will post when (and IF) I hear anything.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
513 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets resorts

I just posted a long reply on the post "Recent Reviews=Secrets Capri." Hope it helps!

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,936 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets resorts

We were at Capri in June of this year - loved it. We've been to all 3 Secrets Properties and I would rank Capri second to Maroma. I'd love to return to Maroma but the prices are just too steep.

Check out my review on Capri.

6. Re: Secrets resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2012, 10:28