We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun

London, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun

Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun Junior Suite tropical view.

- Cheaper but worth it??

- Able to upgrade on arrival easily?

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun

cheaper than what?

We where at SMB this past April and staying in a Swim out Juinor Siuite Non Preferred got building 15 which is very close .

We didnt spend much time in the room, we where up early and on the beach early , pool in the arvo where all the activity its, hanging with ppl in the bars and getting into the room to sleep!

I wouldnt pay more for a room, but I loved the swim out. We used it on a few hot nights when we couldnt be bothered going out and just ordered in room service and ate and drank in our own pool :-)

Whatever you decide enjoy, we are headed back next April 2012 too :-)

Missouri
Level Contributor
879 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun

I stayed there a year ago and Here are my thoughts...

1) How important is having a good view to you? Will you use your balcony much?

2) What is the price difference?

3) Ocean View doesn't mean ocean front. Sometimes you can just see a little of the ocean even if you pay for the ocean view, especially if you get on the second floor. Sometimes trees could partially block your view. You really need to be on the 4th floor for a good view.

4) I'm sure the upgrade would depend on availability.

Personally I would do the tropical and spend my money doing something else, but if the view is important to you then you may want to consider the upgrade.

This is a great resort. Enjoy your stay. If you have any specific questions you're welcome to pm me.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
592 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun

Here is my take on the rooms.. Ocean view rooms are on the 3rd & 4th floors.. We were in bldg 15 - 4th flooor - and had a beautiful view.. 2nd floor is the tropical views.. which can be of the pools .. nice also. I would not get a swim out room if you are going anytime soon (winter season) because most of the time they do not heat them and from most of the reviews I have read here people do not use them. We go in January and it is just too cold for swim outs - especially in the evenings. I personally do not think preferred club is worth it..

It depends upon what your budget is. .. If you want a particular room and you are going during the busy season I would book it right away.. This resort fills up fast.. you may not be able to get an upgrade once you get there. We are going to Secrets the end of January and it is sold out..

MN
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun

For anyone interested in SMB that has not been there before, here is a video I made of the resort. We have been there four years in a row and are going back again April 2012 to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We love this resort!

http://vimeo.com/22730716

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
585 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun

We had the basic room and it was perfect. We've done the Preferred Club before and although it may be worth it at other Secrets resorts we were glad we didn't go for it at SMB, there's no need for it. I would save the money and use it to stay an extra day.

Nebraska, USA
Level Contributor
338 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun

Great video! We are staying there for a wedding next October.

Level Contributor
892 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun

What dates is everyone going in April?

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun

hey robin

nice link!

We are also returning in April 2012. will be there 16-22nd. what dates are you going?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun

We are also at SMB in April 2012 - April 14 through the 23rd. Can't wait!!

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun

we will see you there! lol