We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradisus La Perla

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Paradisus La Perla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2014, 21:30
Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,834 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradisus La Perla

I agree! We go in Feb and the more details / tips the better! Can't wait!!!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
333 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradisus La Perla

Me three!

denver
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradisus La Perla

Me 4! :)

Booked for the HM!

Toronto
Level Contributor
12 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradisus La Perla

We're going to La Perla Feb 21 to 28.......can't wait. Counting down...only 7 more weeks....We check trip advisor almost everyday for updates.

We'll be sure to post a review on TA after we get back ;)

Boston
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradisus La Perla

Please report on the beach. It isn't getting good reports. A lot of sharp rocks.

Edited: 01 January 2012, 20:16
St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,624 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paradisus La Perla

I walked the beach in Nov 2011. The sand is about 25 yards from the water to the fence or trees. It's that beautiful white sand. The area in front of Paradisus forms a little bay. It is shallow and the bottom is all sand. You have to walk out quite a ways to get to the deeper water. Past the north border of Paradisus, where the Mexican fishermen spread their nets, it's a limestone shelf. You have to cross the little river from the cenote to get there. I don't know why sun bathers would want to hang out in this area. I saw some limestone rocks further south along the coast, but very few and far between, easy to see them. This is a beautiful beach, that review is very suspect. The only negative is that it is a long way from the resort to the beach compared to other properties in Playa and Playacar, and unless you are staying in a room on the top floor it's hard to see the water because of the trees.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paradisus La Perla

Thanks for the clarification. This resort sounds great, however; if the beach was bad that would be a deal breaker for me.

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
286 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paradisus La Perla

Just booked for end of January. Can anyone give me recs on which rooms and/or areas to request? Booked the least expensive room,, which is called an "oceanview" but I'm skeptical. Would love to know from someone who's been which are the best rooms.

Thanks

Boston
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paradisus La Perla

I have been following the reviews further and the beach is a deal breaker for me. I won't be able to go to this resort as I am relying on the reviews, and they are all saying the same thing about the beach.

The beach is not swimmable and a lot of people are getting cut and hurt. I was hoping this wasn't the case, but it appears to be.

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,083 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paradisus La Perla

I agree BostonTia. It is too bad, too. It looks like a nice resort. But an unswimmable beach is a deal breaker for me, too.