We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need recommendations for zip lining in Playa

bpm
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Need recommendations for zip lining in Playa

Hello. I have a group of 10 and am looking for a zip lining tour. We don't mind going early in the morning but we do want to be back to our hotel in Playa del Carmen by mid-afternoon so that we can enjoy the rest of the day at the beach/pool.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need recommendations for zip lining in Playa

Xplor.travel

There are others but this may be the best one for you. Others include

selvatica.com.mx

hiddenworlds.com

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need recommendations for zip lining in Playa

I second Xplor. Lots of fun for all day. Excellent inclusive buffet.

Tomball, Texas
Level Contributor
3,737 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need recommendations for zip lining in Playa

We went to Xplor in November, but if you're just wanting to zip line, you're going to be paying for things that you're not going to do. The park has four circuits of things to do, and they're all priced as one. The park is all-inclusive.

I posted a review on the park not too long ago.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
515 posts
321 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need recommendations for zip lining in Playa

I will 4th the Xplor option. We didn't go there as we went to Xcaret instead, but talked to others that did go and everyone had a fantastic time. It's on our must do for the next trip.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
671 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need recommendations for zip lining in Playa

We did xplor last march.... It was fine - not great. Our teenage kids were bored and we left by noon.... LOTS of walking - lots for stairs to get to each zip line.... I enjoyed the workout, our kids did not. Four wheeling was fun... Agree - buffet was great.

Tomball, Texas
Level Contributor
3,737 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need recommendations for zip lining in Playa

>>We did xplor last march.... It was fine - not great. Our teenage kids were bored and we left by noon.... LOTS of walking - lots for stairs to get to each zip line.... I enjoyed the workout, our kids did not. Four wheeling was fun... Agree - buffet was great.<<

Oh my gosh! I thought it was just me! Everyone seems to rave about this place, but I thought it was about five circuits short of a full day. We got there 10:00am-ish and were ready to leave by 3:00pm-ish.

And the climbing almost killed me, and I'm in good shape.

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need recommendations for zip lining in Playa

First zipline in Playa we did was part of a day trip with Coba and it was really RUSTIC. We got a notched stick for a break. We enjoyed it and would recommend it to those wanting an eco-friendly experience, but if you want safe conscious state of the art equipment with a clean theme park atmosphere Xplor is the ticket. I loved the two underwater cave activities.

My first recommendation would be Xplor as there is so much to experience, fi you have already done the Mayan ruin thing.

Tomball, Texas
Level Contributor
3,737 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need recommendations for zip lining in Playa

That is one thing that I really liked about Xplor. It seemed very safe and their inspection certificates were very visible.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need recommendations for zip lining in Playa

Two thumbs up for selvatica!! Awesome time!!

bpm
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Need recommendations for zip lining in Playa

Thank you ALL for your recommendations!!