We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thomson flight manchester to cancun

Greater London...
Level Contributor
218 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
thomson flight manchester to cancun

has anybody taken the option to upgrade to Premium seats on the flight to cancun?

was it worth the £130.00 each way?

if not then how comfotable was the 9 hour flight.

it seems an expensive upgrade especially as there are 4 of us and i am wondering is the extra £1040.00 worth spending.

thanks

shropshire
Level Contributor
371 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thomson flight manchester to cancun

We didnt upgrade and thought flight was fine - we''d booked the seats that are just 2 together. You can upgrade your film choice to premier for just £5. When we were in mexico we had option to upgrade for flight home 'two for price of one' so maybe just upgrade for flight home when you re feeling tired?

Greater London...
Level Contributor
218 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thomson flight manchester to cancun

thanks Fergie. we have not done long haul and i am worried about leg room

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thomson flight manchester to cancun

You will have 33inch leg room in standard seating we normally book Premium so we can get a little more room for the flight home (Night Flight)

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
688 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thomson flight manchester to cancun

We didnt upgrade last year to Cancun.

Leg room , film choice, food & service was very good & we will definitely fly long haul with them again.

The aircraft was a bit tired looking with torn seats covers, broken seat trays but i believe Thomsons are introducing a new fleet this year??

Save your money for trips when you are out there - so much to do :-)

Enjoy

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: thomson flight manchester to cancun

Sorry Thomsons Long Haul Fleet is the same this year as last,the short haul fleet has some new 737-800s.Fleet upgrade on long haul is delayed along with the Dreamliner.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
188 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: thomson flight manchester to cancun

there were six of us that went to cancun in october and we didnt upgrade, the money saved went on more exciting things on holiday and you can do a lot of things with the money saved.

Yes it would be nice to have as much room as possible on a long haul but the 33 inch was fine for us.

i think if money was no object then i still wouldnt upgrade as its far to much money for the xtra you get.

Greater London...
Level Contributor
218 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: thomson flight manchester to cancun

included in the upgrade it states are a wider choice of films and all drinks plus a meal. so if we don't upgrade we ill have to pay for food and drinks.

even at the extortinate prices i don't think we will eat and drink £130 worth of beverage each.

will gratefully take advice and save money to spend when we get there.

Teesside, England
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: thomson flight manchester to cancun

You will get a main meal and snack just before landing, but you will have to pay for drinks. Same coming back, a main meal and breakfast snack before landing. The meal in premier is supposed to be better and yes drinks are included. As stated you get a better choice of films but you can pay for upgraded films £5. You get extra 3kg check in baggage, and first to board and get off. Drink before take off. Its the first time we are flying premium because got it for less than £200 each when we booked and last time coming back from mexico the cabin crew only came round once with drinks and snacks but got fed up with you if you bothered them by asking for another drink!

Barnsley, England
Level Contributor
826 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: thomson flight manchester to cancun

We have flown from Manchester to Cancun 4 times....we upgraded once but wouldnt do it again, personally I dont think its worth the extra. Neilandsarah - we had a similar experience to yourselves, only got one lot of drinks coming back and you felt like an inconvenience to the air stewardesses if you asked for another one! - when we were queueing for the toilet, because we were stood in 'their' kitchen area they told us to move out of the way even though they were only stood chatting, not actually preparing food etc.!

However, we do now pay for extra leg room seats as my other half is tall and finds it better.

You also still get the travel pack, blankets etc. in 'normal' class.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,729 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: thomson flight manchester to cancun

Just for information its usually a 10.5 hour flight, but 9.5 on the way back.....i like to take quite a lot to read and i upgraded £5 for the extra films and music which was worth it as you can pause the movies if you want and rewind etc

Oh and take some snacks with you, i dont know if its the boredom factor but i never think i will get hungry as you get a meal and snack but then when i am flying i want to eat !! The stuff they sell on the plane is very limited and expensive

Have a great trip

Edited: 08 January 2012, 12:42