We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xcaret night show

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
193 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Xcaret night show

I am planning on bringing my 4 year old son to Xcaret in May. I know he will love the animals and the daytime activities. I am also considering brining him to the night time show. However, I have never seen the show and I do not know if it is too loud/scary or if it will keep a 4 year old entertained longer than 5 minutes. Has anyone brought their children to this show, if so, how old were they, and did it keep them entertained?

Toronto
Level Contributor
286 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xcaret night show

my friend and i went to the show 2 yrs. ago. the first half is very exciting watching ancient mayan sports. the second half is very colourful showing a musical and dance history of the mayans with many performers. i noticed that there were many young children sleeping in their parents' arms for the show. there is nothing too scary, but sometimes you'll see costumed mayan warriors walking through the stands. you can always leave whenever you want if your 4 yr. old doesn't like it, you won't be disturbing anyone. it is very spectacular and a long day for a 4 yr. old.

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
440 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xcaret night show

It is very long. With a small child, I would leave after the first half.

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xcaret night show

It's a must see whenever you chose to leave. Who knows, he might enjoy it more than you think. Only you can make that decision. Just don't miss it...

Enjoy

Art

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
811 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xcaret night show

Definitly a must see! The show is fantastic but as others have said a day at the park is exausting in itself so might be the little guy tuckers out!! But let him sleep and enjoy it yourself :)

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,042 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Xcaret night show

My kids were 6 and 91/2 when we took them to Xcaret. They thoroughly enjoyed it all - including the night show. It was a long day but we all had a bit of a snooze in the hammocks on the beach after lunch and so had enough energy/wakefulness for the later evening hours.

I wouldn't plan on doing anything too vigourous the next day though - especially anything that involves getting up early!

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xcaret night show

We went to it when my son was 4 years old. It was a very long day. However, we rested in the afternoon at the park since we knew by the time, we would get back to our hotel it would be very late at night. My son enjoyed the show and the park activities.

michigan
Level Contributor
648 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Xcaret night show

We took our kids when they were around 7 & 9, show is by far and away best part of the park. We were worried about our kids staying interested in a show that late after a super long day, so we bought the dinner package. Every 20/30 minutes or so they would bring another course. It's been about 4 years since we were there, so I don't remember food served, but I think you can search for the actual menu/price then decide if it's worth it to you.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
193 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Xcaret night show

Thank you everyone for the info. I was planning on taking a taxi over to the park around 3 in the afternoon (hopefully right after a 2 hour nap) to let hime walk around and check out the animals. I don't think we are going to get him into the underground river or out in the ocean, but he will absolutely love the monkeys, the butterfly pavillion, aquarium, etc. I think leaving 2 1/2 to 3 hours for those things should be plenty.

I was planning on buying the dinner/show package. But I may have to change plans depending on how the day goes. If he is still doing alright, we will probably stay for the dinner/show package. If not, we may end up going to the show without the dinner so we can leave when necessary. Does anyone know the cutoff time to buy the dinner tickets?

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
519 posts
345 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Xcaret night show

With a 4yr old there is no way I would do the dinner with the show, it's kinda dark while eating and is not something I personally feel would appeal to the average 4 yr old.

Regarding the show, my wife and I enjoyed the 1st half and thought it was great. But for us the 2nd half was boring and very very very very long.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
519 posts
345 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Xcaret night show

BTW, 2-3 hrs to see the things you want will not happen. Place is pretty darn big and the signage is confusing, very easy to get confused and not always know where you are headed. For us we thought the sea turtle area may have been the best part of the park.