We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Booking site to use?

Taunton...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Which Booking site to use?

Hey everyone I am booking my first ever all-inclusive tropical vacation and I was wondering if anyone has ever used bookit.com and if so were there any issues? I am familiar with all the others but not bookit. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Michelle

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,458 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Booking site to use?

No, we always use Applevacations.

We find them to be reliable, and when their price is sometimes a few bucks more, we get something extra that is not included in the other prices.

Seems Apple has a very good rep with many resorts and get some of the better rooms/locations without upcharges, often they have a nice beach party while others have to pay extra for the same kind of party on another night.

We've also received free spa treatments, turndown service, special desserts delivered to the room, etc. Things that were an upgrade package at the resort, but included in our Apple package.

Another thing is this year we decided to upgrade to Privilege rooms and amenities at OC&T. It cost us just under $30 a day with Apple, while reviewers with other packages say they paid $60 for same.

AND we get a chartered non stop direct flight with Apple from our location.

Edited: 12 January 2012, 04:38
Taunton...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Booking site to use?

Thank you for your reply we want to book at The Royal Playa del Carmen and for some reason that hotel is not available through apple vacations :/ I have been to all the sites, expedia, bookit, and AAA to name a few and I so wish that i could book through apple vacations because I have heard nothing but good things from other travelers. Well I will just have to do more research!

Thanks!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
682 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Booking site to use?

A couple of other options: FunJet - DeltaVacations...

I research on-line and book through my travel agent... She can usually match the on-line rate and I have a contact should I need to make changes or get into a bind.

Enjoy your vacation!!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,458 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Booking site to use?

I understand, I once was looking at a resort that is not on Apple's list.

My TA said she could still get a price from them, and arrange our ground transport with Apple as well, and we could have the nonstop chartered air that we always use, but we'd not have an Apple rep at our hotel, and most likely none of the other nice little assorted Apple perqs.

We ended up choosing a different resort that time.

Eliot, Maine
Level Contributor
718 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Booking site to use?

Try travelocity, expedia,B2cvacations and because your flying out of Boston use Jetblue ns and save the 120$ on baggage.GL

sw michigan
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Booking site to use?

To answer the question: I have used bookit.com on several occasions and have had no issues. I've used countless other booking sites over the years and have found that 1 is no better/worse than the rest...I'll use whoever is offering the best price at the time I book.

Ocala, Fl
Level Contributor
68 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Booking site to use?

I have always found sunsettravel.com to have some of the best deals for the Real and Royal resorts.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Booking site to use?

I've used bookit in the past with no problems, but like timwol mentioned, I use whoever has the best price.

Not all booking sites include the tax until further along in the booking process, so make sure you comparing apples to apples. You don't need to complete the booking process to find this out, but be aware of all the additional fees.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,497 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Booking site to use?

"I've used countless other booking sites over the years and have found that 1 is no better/worse than the rest...I'll use whoever is offering the best price at the time I book."

Ditto.

And also the last poster before this one made good points- make sure you add in all applicable taxes and fees.

Our last few trips we have booked with Expedia and Orbitz, and have always been very satisfied.

We often go non AI too- so frequently book airfare directly with WestJet.

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Booking site to use?

We take the best price to our agent...and so far she has always been able to match it.