We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Dorado Maroma or El Dorado Seaside

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
El Dorado Maroma or El Dorado Seaside

Help--My husband and I have been to Azul Beach several times and love it there but want to try one of the adults only properties. Going back and forth between El Dorado Maroma and El Dorado Seaside. Most important is nice beach that has space for long walks and quiet romantic atmosphere. Any recommendations?

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,519 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Dorado Maroma or El Dorado Seaside

EDM all of the way. We have been to the EDSS 8 times and the EDM 5 times so far with numbers 6 and 7 this year. The EDSS got too big for us (over 300 rooms). The EDM is just under 100. The EDM is a much more quiet resort due not only to the size but also clientele (at least during our visits). We love getting up early, having wonderful breakfast, finding a palapa bed on the beach (of which there is plenty) and lounging the morning away. After our beach walk we hit the swim up bar for the remainder of the afternoon meeting new friends. We head to dinner and then head up to Ricks for a (usually) pretty quiet evening after the show is over playing pool and relaxing. At the EDSS you will run into the towel game being played in full force but that is not an issue at the EDM because there are plenty of palapas and loungers for all. The staff at both resorts is fantastic!

The beach at the EDM is far superior to that at the EDSS and you can walk for miles north. We usually make the 1 1/2 or so mile walk north until we reach the SMB each day after lunch...we could easily go further but by that time the bar is calling us home! :-)

We leave 111 days from today and just can't wait. If you have any specific questions, please let me know!

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,519 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Dorado Maroma or El Dorado Seaside

I should also say that the walk north at the EDM can be made without shoes (and I am a tenderfoot!). At the EDSS I had to wear sandals/water shoes until we got south of the resort where the turtles nest.

3. Re: El Dorado Maroma or El Dorado Seaside

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2013, 10:26