We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Mexico rooms

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Mexico rooms

I can't quite figure out if Riu Mexico has king size beds or not. Alot of pictures show two double beds pushed together. Need to know. Thank you.

Winneconne, WI
Level Contributor
45 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Mexico rooms

Hi Donna, They have some that are your normal king beds and the double beds pushed together that you see in the pictures. If you talk to your travel agent or contact the Resort, you can request the normal King bed. We told our travel agent at a different RIU that we stayed at and got the normal king bed. Not sure if it's guaranteed or not or if we were just lucky to get one. Good Luck

milwaukee
Level Contributor
210 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Mexico rooms

Hi Donna.

My husband and I have stayed at the Riu Palace Mexico 8 times and are booked for a 9th trip in February, and every room we have stayed in have two double beds pushed together. With that said, we have never found them to be uncomfortable. Quite the contrary, we always sleep well.

The Riu Palace is a great resort, and the staff go above and beyond.

Elaine

Mediapolis, Iowa
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Mexico rooms

We stayed at RPM (RIU Palace Mexico) last January and also had the two beds pushed togather. It was great for sleeping and other acitivites.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,771 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Mexico rooms

They don't have a true king, what it is is the two doubles are covered with a mattress pad and made into one. It's larger than a king. Been there 9 times and also have always had the two doubles, never bothered to get the larger pad.

LiverpoolBP
Level Contributor
185 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Mexico rooms

We stayed at RPM for the first time in Nov-Dec 2011 (Loved it!)

Our bed was two doubles pushed together with matress cover over it, although I wouldn't have known if I hadn't of checked this out! This made the bed huge!! (well compared to Liverpool standards it was!!)

I am not a very good sleeper!! But I slept well through out the whole of our 14 night stay!!

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,771 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Mexico rooms

Out of curiosity I checked mattress measurements: double/full 54 inches times 2 = 108. King, depending where you live - 72 - 76. So the two doubles at the Rius pushed together and made into one is about 3 feet wider than a traditional king. As one poster said about a month or so ago, he had to text his wife to see if she was awake. :-)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Mexico rooms

Thank you all for responding. Keeping the Riu Mexico on the list of possibilities. We are 5 couples trying to decide where to stay in Playa del Carmen. We all have different wants and we have a small budget so compromise is necessary. The problem is most of us have stayed at upper end resorts before but money is more of an issue this year for various reasons.

8. Re: Riu Mexico rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2013, 10:26