We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unlimited Vacation Club - AM Resorts

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Unlimited Vacation Club - AM Resorts

We purchased 70 weeks vacations with UVC whilst on holiday in Punta Cana recently. After reviewing the contract the following day, we realised that we had been totally mislead and the clubs benefits were misrepresented. We wrote a letter immediately to cancel the contract whilst we were still in Punta Cana. We contacted the credit card company to put a stop to the payment. We have sent numerous e-mails to Dominician Republic and still not had any replies. Can anybody offer any guidance with dealing with this company?

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
12 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
121. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club - AM Resorts

Disclaimer- my wife and I are members for UVC and Exotic Travellers (useless). We love our AM Resorts, so our RCI Weeks are USELESS. Anybody have experience with selling their weeks?

122. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club - AM Resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 02:31
Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
123. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club - AM Resorts

Really I've been a member for 2 years and love it ,you may want to book a resort and use it before you write things like this we have had 3 trips and loved them all the first one was Free on UVC so it doesn't get much better then that ........ Try before you write bad things about any company

Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
124. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club - AM Resorts

If a traveler does a little internet searching, he will find better deals for stays at AM Resorts than are offered to UVC members who have already paid a huge amount of money upfront. We were garaunteed in writing in our contract that UVC would match any legitimate posted rate. However, they refused, and we did finally get a full refund after horrible "Quality Assurance" threats and incoherence. It is too bad that AMR which does truly have some nice resorts affiliates itself with this dishonest unscrupulous operation.

North Canton, Ohio
Level Contributor
754 posts
Save Reply
125. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club - AM Resorts

Wow BarbaraQueen, your first and only post ever is to defend UVC ? It must be a fun company to work for......

Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
126. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club - AM Resorts

We bought our second package in April 2014. We bought the smallest package for around 7.5k ( ask my wife , I just show up) they deducted our explorer package of 2 k so on total we paid like 5.5k for that we got 2 weeks at the resorts and some other crap that I really could care less about . In my mind 2,750 for a week at a secrets for two sounds about right so I didn't have an issue. Plus it forces us to go on vacation. I unno the small package seemed worth it , I have no real complaints ... We could afford it and that's what mattered. Although their phone etiquette sometimes pissed me off , we got exactly what we bought. So it is what it is .. U don't like it , don't buy it ... We did , so we bought ... I don't feel scammed , I was drunk after we bought vs when we did , so if it's not for you just leave or don't go to the stupid presentation

Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
127. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club - AM Resorts

We bought our second package in April 2014. We bought the smallest package for around 7.5k ( ask my wife , I just show up) they deducted our explorer package of 2 k so on total we paid like 5.5k for that we got 2 weeks at the resorts and some other crap that I really could care less about . In my mind 2,750 for a week at a secrets for two sounds about right so I didn't have an issue. Plus it forces us to go on vacation. I unno the small package seemed worth it , I have no real complaints ... We could afford it and that's what mattered. Although their phone etiquette sometimes pissed me off , we got exactly what we bought. So it is what it is .. U don't like it , don't buy it ... We did , so we bought ... I don't feel scammed , I was drunk after we bought vs when we did , so if it's not for you just leave or don't go to the stupid presentation . Oh and everyone who's all like your first post defends it , deal with it.

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
128. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club - AM Resorts

hi could you maybe give me some advice on the process? My mom was on vacation by herself and got into the contract and its been more than 5 days is there any advice you could give me? thanks

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
129. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club - AM Resorts

Sorry that so many are unhappy as while being on holiday changes your rational thinking on matters like this. My vacation time is way more valuable than any potential savings on future travel. I have booked all my vacations through; originally FunJet and the last 10 years, AppleVacations, and have been very happy with what I've had to pay. With these companies you fly non-stop charter at a very discounted rate. Resort fees are also very competitive.

During one of my last trips (Dreams Huatulco) I was approached to hear about UVC. Flat out said NO. If it sounds too good to be true, well you know. BTW my first 13 Mexican trips were to Pto. Vallarta home of the time share sharks. Never got sucked into attending a presentation even with an offer of $500 USD just for showing up.

Edited: 03 September 2014, 18:26
130. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club - AM Resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2014, 16:21