We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Platinum rooms at Gran Riviera Princess

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Platinum rooms at Gran Riviera Princess

Is there actually any difference between the junior suite rooms and the platinum rooms at the Grand Riviera Princess?

I know you get like room service and can use a different part of the beach and pool and a couple other restaurants but what are truly the differences?

Thanks in advance.

London
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Platinum rooms at Gran Riviera Princess

bump

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Platinum rooms at Gran Riviera Princess

IMHO it is worth the upgrade. Rooms are very similar with the Platinum room having a jacuzzi tub on balcony as well as in bathroom. Also you get in room bar slightly larger tv and a dvd player as well as free in room internet. The platinum lounge carries a better variety of booze and always has some kind of food out. The a la cartes are easier to book. There are other things I'm missing but at the end of the day the service seems somewhat better and more relaxing just my opinion. If the price is right I would upgrade for sure.

London
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Platinum rooms at Gran Riviera Princess

price is definitely right, its only $85 per person per week.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Platinum rooms at Gran Riviera Princess

Bet you could spend $85 on a lot worse things!

London
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Platinum rooms at Gran Riviera Princess

I have a feeling you are right shakey

Toronto
Level Contributor
282 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Platinum rooms at Gran Riviera Princess

the upgrade to platinum is definitely worth it. you have a platinum lounge where you can get snacks and drinks all day and into the evening; a concierge that will book your a la cartes so you don't have to make the trek to the main lobby to reserve; the concierge arranged for a few issues we had, like wanting extra towels, calling for the shuttle to pick us up before the usual start at 7 a.m. as we were going on an early excursion; making sure our luggage was picked up on time on our last day (today); free voucher to the "water circuit" at the spa, which is heavenly, a lovely lounge with 4 computers you can use; a private pool (but you have to claim a lounger before you go to breakfast); a private area on the beach where there is a little more room between loungers and a clear view of the ocean; on the sunset side there is a 2nd jacuzzi on the balcony (i don't know about the riviera side), you can sit in the platinum section of the buffet which is near the beach and order from the a la carte menu (and also choose from the buffet)...that's all i can think of right now...just got back and were very happy with the platinum upgrade.

having said that, we had a junior deluxe room 2 yrs. ago, near the beach, which was perfect, but we had to make trips to the lobby to book the a la cartes. we just wanted to be a little spoiled this time. good luck.

7. Re: Platinum rooms at Gran Riviera Princess

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2013, 10:20