We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beach in PDC

Marlboro, New Jersey
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best beach in PDC

I 'm planing vacation in May. I was loyal to Dominical for a lot of years, but this time want to try Cancun- Riviera Maya- Playa del Carmen. I'm a beach person and looking for resort with good sandy beach, without any rocks on the beach and in the water. I will very appreciate for any advice. Thanks.

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beach in PDC

Secrets Maroma has a wonderful beach.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
317 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beach in PDC

Sandos Playacar excellent beach. Lots of sand with no rocks. Walk the beach to the south and very secluded as Sandos is the last resort in Playacar (gated community).

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,697 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beach in PDC

The Barcelo Maya complex of five hotels has a great beach, by all accounts. It is why we chose it.

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
5,001 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best beach in PDC

The entire area of Playacar all has a fantastis beach that is great for swimmimg. There are many resorts for all budgets here as well and you are close to Playa Del Carmen to shop,eat,drink off the resort if you so choose.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,975 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best beach in PDC

Playacar Palace has a beautiful beach in front of it perfect for relaxing and swimming. It's not too crowded and no rocks or sand whales. The resort is literally steps to 5th Ave and right next to the ferry dock to Cozumel.

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
5,001 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best beach in PDC

There are NO sandwhales anywhere in Playacar.

Harrisonville...
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best beach in PDC

Playacar. If you go further north the erosion has created two levels of beach with a two foot drop to go to the ocean.

Akron,Ohio
Level Contributor
548 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best beach in PDC

romy, how about in frount of the Iberostar Tucan? They were there, have they been removed? Or covered over?

alberta
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best beach in PDC

The beaches are gorgeous in many areas of the Mayan. Not sure if they will hold up to Punta Cana beaches though. However, the area has so much to see, do and experience that it becomes a fantastic " all around" vacation spot.

iowa
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best beach in PDC

We were at the Tucan last march beach was huge and no sand whales.