We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Compare Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe to Iberostar Paraiso Maya

St. Louis
13 posts
Save Topic
Compare Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe to Iberostar Paraiso Maya

Hi, we are planning a trip sometime in June and looking for some help on which resort to stay at. We have it narrowed down to two:

Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe or Iberostar Paraiso Maya

We have 3 children, ages 9, 13, 15. Is there marine life near the beach, like star fish? I've read there are monkey's in Iberostar Tucan...are there any at Iberostar Maya...kids want to see a monkey. Which has the better beach? Which has the better pool(s), which has the better food and variety of food? Which has more activities? What is a good room location? Price wise, they are about the same.

I'm sure either resort will work, but need help in deciding. Thank you

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Compare Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe to Iberostar Paraiso Maya

I prefer the beach at BMP as the water is calm and the beach more private and less crowded.

Rooms are nicer at BMP and food is quite a bit better than at Iberostar IMO and IME.

BMP is newer and more luxurious overall. It is also a lot farther from the airport.

Both have nice pools but we prefer BMP overall for value for price paid and for the nicer overall resort.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Compare Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe to Iberostar Paraiso Maya

I went to BMP in 2009 (at the premium level) and I loved it. Thought the food was great. YEs you are much further from Playa, but you also have use of the other Barcelo hotel in the same complex. (including BMP 5 hotels in complex).

3. Re: Compare Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe to Iberostar Paraiso Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2013, 10:25