We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport

somerset
Level Contributor
393 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
transport

Hi I am thinking of staying in the Playacar area, I have some mobility problems and need a walking stick so long walks are out. If I wanted to get to Akumal by collectivo how would I get one? Would I need to go into Playa?

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,309 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transport

I'm pretty sure you would need to go to Playa to get the collectivo but I'm more concerned about Akumal. The collectivo will drop you off at the highway and it's quite a walk to the beach itself - especially if it's hot.

It'll cost you significantly more of course, but a taxi might be better - it'll pick you up in Playacar and drop you about 20 yards from the beach in Akumal.

2. Re: transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 19:52