We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has a "meet & greet" been organized for about mid April?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milford Michigan
Level Contributor
818 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Has a "meet & greet" been organized for about mid April?

I've looked around, but, don't see a post for a "meet and greet" in Playa around April 15th or later. If there is already an active post, I apologize. I couldn't find one.

Was thinking maybe the Luna Blue or Blue Parrot, as I have never been to either one of these places? Are there other places that might be better.....meaning better drinks and cheaper prices?

Wadsworth, OH
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Has a "meet & greet" been organized for about mid April?

Hi Deb. My wife and I are in Playa from the 23rd to the 27th and would be interested. I know we are going to leave the resort and head into town at least a couple days.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
697 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has a "meet & greet" been organized for about mid April?

lets get htis party started LOL

Stow, Ohio
Level Contributor
885 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has a "meet & greet" been organized for about mid April?

Hey Deb!

Thanks for starting this thread! Got your message today and would love to meet up with you and Tom again!

We leave on Thursday, the 19th, so would rather not do it on Wednesday...cause I'm sure I would feel like crap on the way home...lol. Best days for us would be either Monday or Tuesday, the 16th or 17th.

I havent been to Playa since 2006, but I've seen a lot of posts on here about Luna Blue - might be a good place!

@ crazyeddie - sorry we're getting there too late to meet up with your gang - you guys sound like a party in itself! :-)

Milford Michigan
Level Contributor
818 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has a "meet & greet" been organized for about mid April?

I'll send you a PM, Michelle.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,622 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has a "meet & greet" been organized for about mid April?

The Blue Parrot use to be thee place, not anymore. Try the Fusion Hotel or Wah Wah's. Head to Zenzi for some nice laid backed music. Any place on the beach will be spendy for mixed drinks, but beer is always reasonable.

The Dirty Martini Bar, Al's Beer Bucket, the Tequila Barrel, Siesta Fiesta are all nice places to hang out.

Stow, Ohio
Level Contributor
885 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has a "meet & greet" been organized for about mid April?

Deb - got your message and replied..pretty long..maybe too much red wine tonight...lol

OldTravller3 - thanks for the suggestions! Havent been to Playa since 2006 and it was soooo different from when I was there in the late 90's!

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has a "meet & greet" been organized for about mid April?

I thought Fusion was great! Sat at the bar while a band played to the peeps sitting on the beach. Really nice....

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
697 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has a "meet & greet" been organized for about mid April?

bump this up for my April friends!!!!

Milford Michigan
Level Contributor
818 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has a "meet & greet" been organized for about mid April?

ttcl1, Will drinks at Fusion send me into the poor farm? Just the name sounds pricey!! lol Thinking maybe we could start at Fusion and make our way to Al's, Wah Wah, Siesta Fiesta ( I like that name) , and then stumble into the Tequila Barrel. Thanks for all the suggestions, OldTraveler.

Milford Michigan
Level Contributor
818 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has a "meet & greet" been organized for about mid April?

I think we are looking at April 17th to meet up.