We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any one have a great packing list?

london, on
Level Contributor
105 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
any one have a great packing list?

looking for a good packing list.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any one have a great packing list?

I typed "packing" in that Search box and came up with 118 pages worth of tips. You could probably narrow the search to something more manageable.

Weston, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any one have a great packing list?

I always carry on luggage and believe in packing light.

Passports & photocopy of passport

boarding pass (I check-in online)

reservation confirmations

license - rental car reservation confirmation

driving directions

credit cards (take only 2 and call bank to tell them you're going out of the country)

Smartphone that doubles as Camera (get international plan or turn off data roaming before leaving)

Chargers for phone/computer

If you take a camera, bring battery charger

ones and fives for tips

bathing suits

quick dry shorts for gym and beach walking

hat - crushable or wear it

sport sandals that are broken in

flat dressy sandals (heels take up too much space)

jewelry - only the bare minimum for real jewelry - the rest, costume

trail mix/balance bars/nuts/dried fruit

Prescription medication (make sure you have enough ahead of time and if you need a refill, do it ASAP)

1 pair long pants

1 pair white jeans

1 long skirt/dress

2 shorts

3 or 4 dressy tops

4 or 5 casual tops/tanks

long black sweater (I wear on plane)

bathing suit coverups

underwear

sunglasses

glasses

The following items are always prepacked in my clear cosmetics bags - whenever I run out, I replenish so that I just grab the bag and go.

spare contact lenses

contact solution/cleaner 3 oz.

brush

hair elastics

make-up, minimal amount

sunscreen 3 oz.

tampons/pads

plastic baggies

ibuprofen

Q-tips

band-aids

travel toothbrush

toothpaste

moisturizer

disposable razor(s)

tweezers

immodium

I don't take anything that I know the resort will supply - shampoo, conditioner, etc and in the tropics, I usually just put my hair in a ponytail.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,731 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any one have a great packing list?

take less clothes than you think you will need, day time mostly bikinni and cover ups, only really need outfis for the evening and even then i dress casual - mini skirts and tops, summer dresses, items that dont take much space.

oh and a nice pair of strappy sandals for evening in a neutral colour white, black, silver, and pair of flip flops for the beach / day time. if you do a lot of activities and are going on trips take a pair of trainers but wear them to travel in to keep luggage allowance down

Must haves - lots of mozzie repellant, aloe after sun gel, stuff to stop itching if you get bit by mozzies and a big bottle of hair conditioner to keep those locks smooth and silky - the sun, pool water, sea and sand is so damaging.

enjoy

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any one have a great packing list?

Check the reviews to see if the resort doesn't stock something, The last one I was at didn't supply Kleenex or facecloths.

Although I do put my passport into a freezer bag, I also scan it into my computer and e-mail it to myself. This way if anything happens I can always get a copy of it.

Surprise, Arizona
Level Contributor
14 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any one have a great packing list?

passport, snorkel, bathsuit, sunscreen and camera!!!!

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: any one have a great packing list?

the list depends on how willing you are to give in to your OCD. All you really need is a passport, some money and a few clothes

7. Re: any one have a great packing list?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2013, 10:33