We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catalonia Royal Tulum

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Reidsville, North...
Level Contributor
13 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Catalonia Royal Tulum

Anyone have any good advice for us for Catalonia Royal Tulum? Things you didn't find out till the end? Tips? Certain entrees to try at the different restaurants? Looking for any scoop :-) We are going May 7th for a week. Any one else going to be there at that time?

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,910 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catalonia Royal Tulum

Carolyn has her famous tip sheet. PM her and she will send it to you.

Reidsville, North...
Level Contributor
13 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catalonia Royal Tulum

Ok I may be a little behind the trip advisor times haha... how do I search for "carolyn" sorry...

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
228 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Catalonia Royal Tulum

go to the xpuha forum. She's on there.

Shreveport...
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Catalonia Royal Tulum

Here you go...

tripadvisor.com/members-forums/Carolyn_Gusta…

Edited: 20 February 2012, 19:00
Minnesota
Level Contributor
410 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Catalonia Royal Tulum

A couple of tips - use the services of the catamaran to get out to the reef (otherwise it is a bit of a swim), then you can leisurely swim/snorkel back to shore. Refrain from wearing anything that sparkles or glitters - it may attract sea creatures that think you are lunch. Grab taxi, or even better the collectivo, to Akumal for the day - gorgeous!!! Great snorkeling and beach walking!

It was a very international crowd when we were there - got to know couples from Italy, Spain, Germany, and Canada - awesome to broaden our horizons! Many interesting conversations!!!

One word of caution, the bridges can get very slippery when wet - thankfully, I was holding onto my DH when my feet slipped out from under me...and he held me up, rather than me pulling him down! But had to nurse a bum knee for a couple of days...alas, I was in paradise (with drink service on the beach) so all was good!

6. Re: Catalonia Royal Tulum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2013, 10:25