We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concerned Bride - Secrets Capri

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
31 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Concerned Bride - Secrets Capri

Has anyone else had trouble getting through to the wedding coordinator at Secrets Capri? We have our wedding scheduled there for May 2nd. and I have emailed several times over the course of the past two months and haven't had any response. I have gone from concerned to angry! Also - has anyone had troubles with Secrets Capri having lots of corporate functions?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
40 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Concerned Bride - Secrets Capri

I just posted a reply about Corporate functions and how that bubble of people moving through the resort can cause difficulties for the vacationers. Note the comments about the inside hall being for corporations and how Secrets-Capri push the scheduled shows to the outside and elsewhere. Also look at the reviews.

The weddings were pretty and have a beautiful outside area. Just know the possibility of other large groups. This is not a couples only resort.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Concerned Bride - Secrets Capri

Sugar -

I am having the same problem. The coordinator I was working with, Diana informed my on March 9th that she had been promoted and a new coordinator from Secrets Excellence would be taking over. I have sent numerous emails and have not heard back on the past two weeks. I sent the email again this morning - they were returned - mailbox full. I just sent an email to the general manager...not sure if I will hear back but I'm trying. If you want to email me offline - lisabook621@hotmail.com

Macomb, MI
Level Contributor
162 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Concerned Bride - Secrets Capri

Hi Sugar - I have the same concern about the corporate functions and have emailed this specific person mulitple times about many dfferent questions and she has always been prompt in getting back to me - her name is Lucely Castro and her email is

(s_gerencia@secretscapri.com.mx)

She has always gotten back to me - even about the stupid stuff. Maybe she can help! Good luck and I think we will be there when you are - we are there April 28- May 6th. Good Luck. Angie

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Concerned Bride - Secrets Capri

I just heard back from Eric - the General Manager at Capri. He is going to look into the wedding coordinator issue and get back to me later today. I will update everyone then. I did not ask about the corp function at this point. One issue at a time. I do have some email addresses for the misc areas at Capri if anyone is interested.

Methuen, MA
Level Contributor
471 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Concerned Bride - Secrets Capri

Lab

Do you have an email address for room requests?

Houston
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Concerned Bride - Secrets Capri

I have had some of the same email issues that you folks have had. Though my wife and I are not getting married (again) in June, I have had no replies to any of the requests/questions that I emailed to them over the past month.

I would definitely be interested in an "email list" of contacts there. I did actually email the "virtual concierge" at Secrets Excellence (since she posts here sometimes) and got a quick reply and copied my message to someone at Capri. I'll trade that email address for any you might have!! LOL

KT

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Concerned Bride - Secrets Capri

Here are the email addresses that I have:

chiefconcierge@secretscapri.com.mx - his name is Ulises Guzman

lobbyconcierge@secretscapri.com.mx - lobby concierge

s_gerencia@secretscapri.com.mx - is Lucely Castro - not sure of the her title.

spa@secretscapri.com.mx

Eric Freudenthaler - General Manager - efreudenthaler@secretscapri.com.mx

Houston
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Concerned Bride - Secrets Capri

Wow, you've compiled quite a list there! Thanks. The one I have is their general reservations email I think, but it is not one that I have found or seen published:

reservaciones@secretscapri.com.mx

Best of luck getting in touch with the right people....I'll keep watching to see how it pans out.

cerveza_dude

Playa del Carmen
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Concerned Bride - Secrets Capri

Hi there, I am sorry you haven`t been able to contact our wedding coordinator who is Claudia Cantillo, please feel free to contact me directly so I can help you to do so... Kind Regards.. Ulises Guzman

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Concerned Bride - Secrets Capri

All - I am happy to report that the GM, Eric has been very responsive. I look forward to meetig him in person - 1 month from today when I arrive at Capri.

Also, I have heard from Claudia, the new wedding coordinator at Capri, she came from SERC. Today is her first day at Capri - so it seems that everything is back on track.