We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June 2012 Roll Call!

Champlin, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Topic
June 2012 Roll Call!

Time to line up!

My future wife and I will be heading down to Playa from June 4 - June 10 for our honeymoon. We will be staying at The Grand Mayan Riviera Maya; very excited for our vacation!

Who else will be down in PDC that month? Any recommendations from veteran travelers? I always have an itch to cram in as much as possible during my vacations, but my fiance has continuously reminded that 'this is our honeymoon and we are going to relax!' With that in mind, what attractions that are worth seeing? Best beaches? Tours? Anything that anyone would recommend!

Thanks!

Exotik Mayan Tours
Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Archaeology Tours
Mercanti Viaggi
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
KayTours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Archaeology Tours
Paseo Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
122 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June 2012 Roll Call!

Traveling with 5 other friends (3 couples) to Allegro Playacar June 15-22. We chose a smaller resort and a resort close to town. (Came out to our price range). It will be my 3rd time to the PDC area. Were in our young 20's so were going down to have a great time and party (and relax a little).

Playadelcarmentours.com has lots of tours to offer and I always book from them. They seem to have reasonable prices.

We took the Tulum / Xelha tour two years ago and loved it. Visit the ruins for 3 hours and then spend the rest of the day at Xelha. Its a full day trip so be prepared. (Xelha eco park is all inclusive with the package they give you). If your looking for adventure go to Xcaret. (You need a day or two to explore the entire park!). There is many trips on that website, pick one to your liking and enjoy your honeymoon. You'll have a blast!

birmingham
Level Contributor
345 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June 2012 Roll Call!

Not long now, riu tequila,14th for 2 weeks,soooooooooooo excited, just hope the weather will be ok,

Choctaw, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
324 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June 2012 Roll Call!

We will be at the El Dorado Maroma June 6 - 15. Can't wait!

Shreveport...
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: June 2012 Roll Call!

June 14th through the 21st at Riu Palace Riviera Maya.

Boston
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: June 2012 Roll Call!

7 wks to go -off to Iberostar Tucan, June 2 with hubby and two 18yr old boys. Can't wait. I too am hoping the weather is good in June - been hearing its the rainy season and very humid.

Dpowers2 - congrats on your upcoming wedding!. My husband and I meet in Cancun on vacation (both are from Boston) 21 years ago and just celebrated our 20th anniversary!

Happy Valley, Oregon
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: June 2012 Roll Call!

We'll be there June 14-24 at Grand Sunset Princess Laguna.

I recommend XPlor. Watch youtube, it's so much fun! You do need to be in somewhat good shape as it's a lot of walking. Also Xel-ha was great, really good food there too. First time there we went on a sunset adults-only cruise/dinner and it was perfect too. We're dong that again this time.

Marysville, Ohio
Level Contributor
176 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: June 2012 Roll Call!

Husband and I will be going June 26- July 1st, staying at Sandos Playacar. Celebrating 3rd wedding anniversary. Going with another couple as well.

We honeymooned in Riviera Maya, stayed at Secrets Capri, the only time we left resort was for an excurison for zip lining, exploring and swimming in cenote. Booked with apple vacations, loved it.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
260 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: June 2012 Roll Call!

June 10 for 2 weeks @ Riu Playacar. Trying not to obsess. The Tulum ruins are a great 1/2 day trip. We paid the little bit extra for a guide and found it made the day so much more interesting. It has a great beach and won't take up your whole day so both of you will be happy.

Edited: 10 April 2012, 02:46
Fair Oaks
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: June 2012 Roll Call!

We will be at the Grand Sunset Princess staying in the Laguna Villa suites June 21st-27th. Really looking forward to it. It will be our Honeymoon 1 year late and our 1st Anniversary.

Fair Oaks
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: June 2012 Roll Call!

We will be at the Grand Sunset Princess staying in the Laguna Villa suites June 21st-27th. Really looking forward to it. It will be our Honeymoon 1 year late and our 1st Anniversary.