We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is Blue Bay

Kilbirnie, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Topic
How far is Blue Bay

from the town and is it walkable?

niagara falls...
Level Contributor
370 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far is Blue Bay

No it is not walkable. It is about a 10 minute cab ride.

Kilbirnie, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How far is Blue Bay

kk Thanks how much are the taxis?

niagara falls...
Level Contributor
370 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far is Blue Bay

The last time we were there we took the hotel's shuttle to and from town. It is 50 pesos per person each way. If I remember correctly a taxi is approx. $20.00 US each way.

Kilbirnie, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How far is Blue Bay

Thanks so much for this info

Does the shuttle run often and how late and do you need to pay? We are a bunch of 20/21 year old Scots so even going here is a stretch lol

Trenton, Canada
Level Contributor
780 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far is Blue Bay

A cab will cost 20.00 and will go when ever you want and bring you home when ever you want.

The resort shuttle goes into town 9, 11, 1 and 3 and returns, at 2, 4, and 6 pm.

If there are a bunch of you, take a cab, the seats are limited in the van.

Kilbirnie, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How far is Blue Bay

I was hoping the hotel would run a bus more and later.

Trenton, Canada
Level Contributor
780 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How far is Blue Bay

It is very safe to get a cab not too worry if you are.. You will see lots of them on 5th.

We got a cab one day just to take us to walmart (had to check it out since I work for WM in Canada) haha... We asked our cab driver if he would come back for us in 2 hrs. he said no problem, didn't even want us to pay until he took us back, which I thought was very trustworthy. Anyways we came out of the store 1/2hr early and there he was.. He stayed the whole time and waited.

I also thought this was great!!!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
166 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How far is Blue Bay

Just back from Blue Bay this morning, the shuttle from the hotel is $5 US per person each way and they have several through the day, we did 9am to go and got the 12 noon back I know ther was a 2 pm back as well. I think there was something like 5-6 different times leaving the hotel each day. They will give you a schedule at the front desk if you ask. Just In case you are interested they have a shuttle package to Coco Bongos in Playa as well from the hotel, they take you and pick you up around 3 am to bring you back, you book that near the main pool at the hotel. Enjoy your trip, great hotel!

Mentioned in this post
BlueBay Grand Esmeralda
BlueBay Grand Esmeralda
10,483 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Kilbirnie, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How far is Blue Bay

Thanks guys I appreciate it a lot. There is like 4 of us going so a taxi seems to just be the same.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: How far is Blue Bay

listen lads get a collectivo for a couple of quid have a couple beers in fusion bar walk up 5th ave few more beers stay till late have a ball then coco bongos then taxi home about 4 dead safe you will love it, we will be doing the same with to teenage daughters in july for the 4th time love it..