We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Maya or Mahekal...decisions, decisions...

Kansas City
Level Contributor
83 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Playa Maya or Mahekal...decisions, decisions...

Hey everybody,

I'm looking for opinions. I've narrowed my picks down to Playa Maya or Mahekal Beach Resort. Both get great reviews and meet our criteria for walking distance to Playa and on the beach. I'm looking for opinions of people who've stayed at either of these places to help me make the final decision. Thanks!!!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
246 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Maya or Mahekal...decisions, decisions...

Interesting....we had narrowed it down to the same 2 places. We ultimately decided to go with Mahekal because the grounds looked more like what we were looking for....palm trees, open space...beach not too crowded. We'll be there next week!!!!

Sorry I can't help you decide, although I am curious what others might say.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Maya or Mahekal...decisions, decisions...

Mahekal hands down! Because I myself much prefer the north end of Playa. Playa Maya is very nice but Mahekal is just sooo beautiful!

alberta
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Maya or Mahekal...decisions, decisions...

Love Playa Maya! Great breakfast and staff! Mahekal looks nice too but I think I prefer the liveliness of Playa Maya beach area.

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa Maya or Mahekal...decisions, decisions...

Loved the Mahekal. Both the grounds and the beach are beautiful and the staff is super friendly. Have never stayed at Playa Maya so can't compare, but if you stay at the Mahekal you will not be disappointed.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
797 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa Maya or Mahekal...decisions, decisions...

I cannot speak about the rooms at Playa Maya but the food there is the bomb. If all things are equal, I would take that into serious consideration.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Playa Maya or Mahekal...decisions, decisions...

God I love the shrimp at PM, but Mahekal is my dream hotel.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
83 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Playa Maya or Mahekal...decisions, decisions...

Thanks for the input guys! I've debated back and forth for long enough. I'm going with Mahekal.... I'll let you know how it goes!

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Playa Maya or Mahekal...decisions, decisions...

I am now watching this thread! Make sure to report back. I have had my eye on the Mahekal for a while too. :)

Kansas City
Level Contributor
83 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Playa Maya or Mahekal...decisions, decisions...

Mahekal is booked...unbeknownst to my wife. Hehe. Now let's see if I can keep it a secret until June!

10. Re: Playa Maya or Mahekal...decisions, decisions...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 April 2012, 16:35