We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seafood Market in PDC

fort collins
7 posts
Save Topic
Seafood Market in PDC

We'll stay in a condo with full kitchen. I was thinking about buying local seafood and cook for ourselves. Sooooo want to taste fresh juicy seafood......

Anyone knows a good place to go?

Fairfield,CT
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seafood Market in PDC

believe it or not both mega & walmart have awesome selections!!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seafood Market in PDC

Mega has a pretty good selection.

Billings, Montana
Level Contributor
152 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seafood Market in PDC

Quoted from a recent post by OT3:

If you want real great and inexpensive fish, and don't mind dining with the locals, head up to El Pirata on 40 Calle one block west of 5th Avenue. Half the store is dedicated as a fishmonger.

Here's the post:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150812-i23-k52915…

Have a good time!

fort collins
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Seafood Market in PDC

Thank you guys, I'll try Mega and El Pirata for sure :)

bayou lafourche la.
Level Contributor
519 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seafood Market in PDC

If you buy whole fish to clean and cook yourself, make sure the eyes are clear. Cloudy eyes means old fish. Also the fish should be ridged. If the fish is soft and easily bent means old fish. Gills should be red not brown. Good luck.

fort collins
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Seafood Market in PDC

"

If you buy whole fish to clean and cook yourself, make sure the eyes are clear. Cloudy eyes means old fish. Also the fish should be ridged. If the fish is soft and easily bent means old fish. Gills should be red not brown. Good luck.

"

Wow this is very good to know...... Thank you thank you :)

Edited: 01 April 2012, 19:08
bayou lafourche la.
Level Contributor
519 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seafood Market in PDC

I have been a commercial fisherman for 40 yrs. and still rolling. Shrimp should not have any black. Should be an even color. Good luck This does not pertain to fish but at home if you want to try alligator, remove all fat from the meat. The fat gives it a bad taste.

8. Re: Seafood Market in PDC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 01:40