We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions re Secrets Maroma Beach

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
468 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Questions re Secrets Maroma Beach

Heading to SMB soon and hoping somebody can answer a few questions:

1) How big is the room safe? Is there enough space for a laptop?

2) I heard that they show movies at night. Are they recent movies?

3) Any special drinks that SMB is known for? What are the best 'frozen' drinks? Any recommended shooters I should try?

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions re Secrets Maroma Beach

Haven't been to SMB in 3 years so maybe someone else out there has better feedback.

The safe is decent size so my guess it would be okay for a laptop. I deliberately don't bring those things on vaca and turn my cell off. I'm off the grid when I go. If I want to use a laptop, I use the resorts.

They do show movies and they are listed on the paper you get from the resort.

I didn't notice any special drinks. We usually just got what we usually drink at home.

Lovely resort and we will be back next year.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
468 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions re Secrets Maroma Beach

Thanks for the reply ZetababePa. We're looking forward to going to SMB for the first time - celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. Need the laptop to keep in touch with the kids. Will take a netbook instead as it's much smaller.

Another poster mentioned a 'frozen' mojito. Has anyone ever had one?

Kennewick...
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions re Secrets Maroma Beach

I cannot remeber what it was called but I drank these for a entire day at Secrets, it was the drink of the day.

surfnorthwest.com/secretsmaromabeach/imagepa…

Also here is the drink menu

surfnorthwest.com/secretsmaromabeach/imagepa…

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
468 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions re Secrets Maroma Beach

Thanks Surfnorthwest. The cocktail menu is great! I see a few drinks I'd like to try.

Hillsborough, New...
Level Contributor
276 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions re Secrets Maroma Beach

I never had a frozen mojito but they make the best regular ones...........also blue ones.......

6. Re: Questions re Secrets Maroma Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2013, 10:24