We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renovations at Iberostar Tucan?

Point Pleasant...
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
Renovations at Iberostar Tucan?

I think I remember reading a post somewhere that that Iberostar Tucan is undergoing renovations (or will be soon). Before booking we called the hotel and asked about it and they said no... but of course you can't always believe what they say.

Has anyone else heard something similar?

We're going there in July and just a bit nervous that it's going to be noisy, messy, etc.

Point Pleasant...
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Renovations at Iberostar Tucan?

Bump!

Castleford
Level Contributor
77 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renovations at Iberostar Tucan?

Bump

Point Pleasant...
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Renovations at Iberostar Tucan?

Babyhands - Are you going there, too?

Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renovations at Iberostar Tucan?

Most resorts, especially ones that are more than a few years old, are constantly going through some sort of renovations. Refurbishing rooms, painting, fixing tiles and general maintenance occur on a daily basis.

Boston
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Renovations at Iberostar Tucan?

I am also going to Iberostar Tucan in June - pls let us know if anyone has heard of renovations going on - do not want to be sitting at the pool or beach listening to machinery.

Thanks,

Reading, PA
Level Contributor
110 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renovations at Iberostar Tucan?

Nothing happening during 4/12-17.

Chicago
Level Contributor
728 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Renovations at Iberostar Tucan?

I think I heard that it was just refurbishing the rooms, ie., new paint, curtains, better matresses, etc. I have not heard of any construction. I will be there next week and I can check.

Dartmouth, Nova...
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Renovations at Iberostar Tucan?

They were painting things and cleaning as per norm when there in April. We discussed same with the front desk, as the first room - ocean front we paid extra for, was very tired looking....nice, but needed tweeking. We were moved, as we had a large palm tree blocking our paid for "ocean view" 5 days later - we stayed for 10. the next room looked better, but I think it was because it had sun coming in etc. I think it does need a good paint and refurbishment, for what you pay...we have gone a couple of times now...and noticed this - but they did not confirm anything to us. I find this resort looked cleaner than the Riu's we visited (visiting 2)....next to it...upper end Rius...the Iberostar's are great for keeping things very clean. However, in saying this, we would ....if going without the kids again, stay elsewhere, as the bang for buck was just not as great this time around. If going with kids....we love the Iberostars.

Ohio
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Renovations at Iberostar Tucan?

I'm going in July, too. Haven't heard anything about any major renovations.

Montreal, Quebec
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Renovations at Iberostar Tucan?

What about the last week of October ( halloween week ) and first of November? Any info during those 2 weeks?