We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather!!!

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Weather!!!

I know everyone says not to worry about the weather in Playa, but it is a little daunting to see 30, 40, 60% chances of rain for the upcoming week. What will the weather really be like???

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
5,001 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather!!!

forecast says it all

Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
8,508 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather!!!

I think the answer to your question at the end is your phrase at the beginning. :-)

Steve

alberta
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather!!!

I know how you feel. A couple if weeks before our trips I start worrying about the weather- eventhough I KNoW that sometimes does not even remotely tell the whole story. This year, for instance, the forecast said it was going to full on rain pretty much the entire time. I was checking webcams and it was raining. Locals were saying " so what, it's a few days of rain ". I had friends there that were saying it totally sucked. I was worried. These trips cost a lot and we take our kids so sitting in a bar isn't an option. Guess what? A bit of rain on the first morning, one partly cloudy day and the rest sunny skies! Try not to worry.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather!!!

www.weather.com/weather/tenday/MXQR0076:1:MX

the odds you quote are for isolated showers arent they? Read the whole forecast before you panic.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather!!!

Oh I am FAR from panicking! And regardles we are going anyway, I was just more curious than anything on the forcast vs. the "real" weather. My weather.com shows %'s, if it simply said "scattered" I probably woudn't have even posted the question.

These trips are expensive popcorngirl, but we don't have any kids, so if we HAVE to spend the day in the bar, we can handle that, LOL.

Chicago
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather!!!

We going to Playa Paraiso 4/14 - 4/21 and naturally I'm a bit worried about the weather forecast too. We traveled to St. Lucia where the weather forecast said 40% chance of rain every single day but it only sprinkled a bit each day for 15 mins. and that was it. Everyone stayed in the pool too. No biggie so I'm trying not to freak out as well:)

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
631 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather!!!

Haven't had any real rain in a while. A couple of 3 minute showers during the night, but that is about it. Not really rainy season. At worst, you may get a thunderstorm. The only real weather report you need to check is the one you give to yourself as you are lazing on the beach.

CT
Level Contributor
444 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather!!!

It's a tropical environment. Even if there is a 60% chance of rain, all that means is you have a greater chance of having some rain, not 60% of having a deluge for the entire day.

I can be in Mexico, looking at the weather on tv, which always shows cloudy, and right out my window, is bright blue sky and sun.

lancs
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather!!!

When we travelled to the Maldives the forecast said 60-70 per cent chance of showers every day. In about 2 weeks we saw about 10 mins rain! When it did rain it was still warm and therefore much better than a grey cold day in England!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather!!!

You are so right westieman_9, a day in Mexico is ALWAYS better than a day in Cleveland!!! LOL