We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room selection at VIM

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cape cod
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Room selection at VIM

I will be staying at the VIM April 25 to May 2 and I'm looking for a quiet room...top floor and away from night noise. Can anyone tell me what building might fit the bill?

Nebraska
Level Contributor
209 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room selection at VIM

We were in the golden suite building 7 on the top floor. Beautiful ocean view and wonderful room. The only noise was from the pesky black birds at 6 am.

Brockville, Canada
Level Contributor
640 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Room selection at VIM

Building 1 is near the sports bar which turns into a dj disco at night. Can be a bit loud late... (Building 2 gets it a bit too)

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
840 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Room selection at VIM

Log onto the VIM facebook page and they have maps of the resort posted with the building numbers on them

You can also find the same thing by doing a google search

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,419 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Room selection at VIM

There's a map here too - playa.info/playa-del-carmen-forum/53098-vale…

Or you can PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you mine.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,588 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Room selection at VIM

Room selection depends on the category you booked. Silver are bldgs are 1-2, jr. Suites are 3-5, goldens are 6-8, and emeralds are 9-14.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
840 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Room selection at VIM

Which room category have you booked? That is the deciding factor to which buildings you have to choose from.

Niles MI
Level Contributor
150 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Room selection at VIM

We've stayed in the Golden buildings and the Emerald one closest to the beach restaurant. Any of the Golden's or Emeralds would probably give you a quiet location. Even the Emerald we were in which was right next to the beach restaurant was quiet. But as already mentioned it will depend on your category booked.

Gina

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Room selection at VIM

I'd stay away from building 4 and 5 (right next to the main pool) and as others have said buildings 1 and 2. Most every where else should be relatively quiet.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,419 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Room selection at VIM

I've stayed in Building 4 twice. I was on the side AWAY from the pool (overlooking the jungle) and didn't have any issue with noise from the pool at all.

The pool bars shut down at 5 and most people start drifting back to the rooms to get cleaned up and ready for dinner. The noise issue, such as it is, would only be a daytime thing.

cape cod
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Room selection at VIM

Thanks for all the info..this has helped us out alot! We just can't wait to leave. We usually go south in Jan. or Feb. stayed at Silver Sands last year and enjoyed going back to Mexico after visiting other Carribean islands. I'm pretty sure we have a ROH room...is it worth it to upgrade? Read lots of reviews you guys have posted and thought we would enjoy the VIM. Will post a review on our return.