We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hola from the Royal Playa Del Carmen

Liverpool
Level Contributor
150 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Hola from the Royal Playa Del Carmen

Hi

Any questions while we are here? it is everything you read about and more!!!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hola from the Royal Playa Del Carmen

How is the beach looking?

Brockville, Canada
Level Contributor
645 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hola from the Royal Playa Del Carmen

We'll be down on Tuesday morning. How was check-in? Did you reserve online and get the room you selected? Also how's the beach and how's the pool temp?

nj
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hola from the Royal Playa Del Carmen

My wife and I will be arriving on Tuesday as well, cant wait! The rooms i wanted probably got snaked by you guys lol.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hola from the Royal Playa Del Carmen

hope your having good time. lfc got beat today good job efc never turned up last week

CT
Level Contributor
445 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hola from the Royal Playa Del Carmen

Any chance you can look to see if they have recumbant bikes in the gym for me?

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hola from the Royal Playa Del Carmen

Babyjayne, is it true that Alexis, one of the Beachtlers, is no longer at RPDC? Heard a couple of weeks ago that he had moved and was now somewhere in Cancun. Hopefully Jaime might know.

Alexis has been there ever since we started to go to the Royal the first year it opened. Great guy, as is his sidekick, Jaime.

Have a great time!!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
152 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hola from the Royal Playa Del Carmen

Lopez said that he quit,but did not say where he went.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
21 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hola from the Royal Playa Del Carmen

Arrive 25th May for honeymoon can't wait

Liverpool
Level Contributor
150 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hola from the Royal Playa Del Carmen

Hi everyone

It is very very hot here and the pool is fine, lots of people in it every day playing Volly ball etc.

Yes I do believe Alexis has left as we had a day in the Royal Cancun (very easy to get to by public transport) and we where talking to staff there and they asked us had he left yet. He must have been a popular guy.

The food is amazing especially Asiana and Pelicanos.... spoilt is not the word!!

The staff are fantastic as some of you probably already know, so welcoming.

Not sure about the gymn equiptment as thats a no go zone on holiday :-).

Safe journeys to those flying out, the online check in was great... we got a great sea view room.

The Hotel was very busy up until Saturday but has lots of room now which means no 6am towels at the pool run haha... even now it is 9.45am and lots of available sunloungers around the pool area.

The beach is amazing!!! and yes we did get the room choice we asked for so happy all round!!

Take care

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hola from the Royal Playa Del Carmen

Hello,

Sounds like your having a great time:) Can you please tell me how you were able to get to the Royal In cancun? Where you accessed the public transportation? Could you bring your suitcases on there? We are switching over there for a few nights but not looking forward to paying the $99 that they charge for there transportation.

Thanks!