We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Sunset Princess and Grand Riviera Princess

Toronto, Canada
10 posts
Save Topic
Grand Sunset Princess and Grand Riviera Princess

Hi Everyone,

I'm in the midst of planning a vacation for August, and am looking at a few resorts. I was just wondering what the difference is between the Grand Sunset Princess and Grand Riviera Princess? I've been told that they're side by side and they seem to offer the same amenities.

Another question, does the Villa Laguna Suites provide the same services as the Platinum Suites? I was looking online and it seems that the Platinum Suites offer a few extra services that are not offered in the Villa Laguna Suites. But the Villa Laguna Suites are suppose to be the most luxurious rooms on the resort so I would assume that the services offered in the Platinum Suites are included too.

If anyone can please provide some insight it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
840 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Sunset Princess and Grand Riviera Princess

They are the exact same property, just marketed as two different ones.

The villas are the best, they include all the platinum perks plus the access to the villa pool and concierge. Basically whatever platinum gets the villa gets and whatever villa gets extra is just for them.

Toronto, Canada
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Sunset Princess and Grand Riviera Princess

Thanks for your help!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
590 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Sunset Princess and Grand Riviera Princess

Can you please tell me if there any deluxe junior suites that are close to any children's pool.

Can you post a link to a map of the resort that shows the children's pool.

Thanks,

Jackie

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
840 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Sunset Princess and Grand Riviera Princess

resortsmaps.com/maps/map-GrandRiviera&GrandS…

Here is a link to the resort map. A bit out of date as the Yucatan platinum section is not shown.

To my memory there is not specific childrens pool but I might be mistaken as I have never been there with little kids.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
590 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Sunset Princess and Grand Riviera Princess

Thanks Galstonlad for the map.

Do you know which block numbers are the Deluxe Junior suites. Are the main buffets still at the front of the hotel, near the lobby?

As for the pools, are there any kids areas in any of the pools?

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
840 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Sunset Princess and Grand Riviera Princess

As for the pools having kids areas I don't think so but hopefully someone who has taken their kids there will be able to answer.

The deluxe juniors are the majority of the rooms in the middle of the resort, the regular ones are the first couple towards the main building.

The buffets are still interested main building. There are two to choose from that are pretty much identical.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,721 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Sunset Princess and Grand Riviera Princess

theres a kiddie pool between the sunset and riviera platinum areas, right on the main pathway. its on the riviera side of the pathway.

but kids areas within the pools...well...theyre all 4 ft deep so i guess theyre pretty much all kiddie pools really.

dont forget the two buffetrs down by the beach. so for breakfast and lunch you can choose from the 4 buffets...2 up in the courtyard area (which are also for dinner) and the 2 down by the beach (which are turned into alacartes for the evening)

Wappingers Falls...
Level Contributor
55 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Sunset Princess and Grand Riviera Princess

We stayed on the Riviera side last Oct. We were in a swim up suite down near the beach. Absolutely loved the swim up rooms. You should check them out. I would not recomend them if you have small children though.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
590 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Sunset Princess and Grand Riviera Princess

Thanks everyone for your replies.

From the Deluxe Junior suites, is it possible to catch the shuttle to the front of the resort to get to the lobby and shows if it's a long walk. Do the shuttles stop throughout the resort or only at certain areas?

The buffets down by the beach, is that only for people staying in platinum suites or for everyone?

Honestly though, would you recommend this resort for families or it is more for couples? Since we are travelling with a baby, we would prefer a family oriented resort.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
840 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Sunset Princess and Grand Riviera Princess

You did nt need the shuttle. It is a 10 minute walk to do the entire length of the resort so from the deluxe juniors maybe 5-7 minutes to the lobby. All of those reviews that you have read saying it's a 30 minute walk are complete lies. I heard the same things before I went the first time.

The resort pretty much caters to everyone to some degree. It isn't a romantic couples only resort and it isn't Disney land either.