We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinks in room at The Royal

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Drinks in room at The Royal

What sort of beer wine and liquor do they stock in the room? Can you request something specific be stocked before arrival?

Brockville, Canada
Level Contributor
640 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinks in room at The Royal

Vodka, Tequila, Rum and Whisky. Beer was Sol and Coke, 7-up, Orange soda. The booze is lower end brands by the taste. You can request Coors Light from room service and they will bring 6-packs. They say you can request something else but my sister tried for Crown Royal without success. I didn't try because by the time I got back to the room I didn't care! The startup shot of tequila each morning at 6:00 was a bit harsh though ;-O

Kansas City
Level Contributor
402 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinks in room at The Royal

I believe we had sol and tecate in cans in the mini fridge. The liquor cabinet holds 4 bottles. Really just well type tequila, rum, vodka whiskey. I called about getting a nicer bottle of scotch which I believe was Johnny Walker Black and it was going to be over $100 usd. I declined. I just spent less time in the room and more time around lobby bar at night where they had several top shelf liquors.

Lombard, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinks in room at The Royal

We were in a swim up suite last week. The liquor cabinet had Jose Cuervo tequila, J&B scotch, Bacardi rum and Absolute vodka. Beer was Superior in bottles and Sol in cans. Bottle of wine was red...sorry, I don't drink red wine, so I don't know what kind. Mini-fridge had Coke, Coke Light, 7-Up, orange soda, orange juice, mango juice and Evian water. Hope that helps!

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinks in room at The Royal

Very helpful all. Thanks! Has anyone tried the champagne and/or sparkling wine at Royal? My fiancée prefers to drink that normally (on the few occasions she does drink), but I'm not expecting too much out of an AI's champagne... Hope to be wrong, but has anyone tried? She prefers dry rather than sweet.

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
5,001 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drinks in room at The Royal

The sparkling at the Royal is a basic bottle but great for morning mimosas etc. The great thing is it is available in the 24 hour lounge so you have access to it whenever you want. On a rainy day when we were there in Jan this year we grabbed a couple bottles of sparkling and a couple bottles of red and ordered a bunch of room service with a dozen beer..fired up the ipod and had a shaker in our ocean front suite!! Great times were had by all !!

6. Re: Drinks in room at The Royal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 17:15