We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sandos playacar beach resort and spa late october

ipswich
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
sandos playacar beach resort and spa late october

thinking of going to sandos playacar beach resort late october any tips on weather/temp etc and if ok to go then and also is hotel ok

Marysville, Ohio
Level Contributor
176 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sandos playacar beach resort and spa late october

I'm going to Sandos in 2 weeks for the first time, and we reviewed a lot of good recommendations from ppl on this board and my husband's co-worker went there for his honeymooned and loved it.

I would assume going in October is fine, as I believe hurricane season would be over, but I can't really comment on seasons. This will be my third time to this area, twice in June and once in March..both had good weather.

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sandos playacar beach resort and spa late october

We have been in October. Pool was too cold for us (and most everyone else too), ocean temp is perfect. A light sweater is was nice for night time but not necessary. Hurricane season is still a threat. We had rain each day-but not for long. Humidity was about what it was when we were there in May.

Grosse Ile, Michigan
Level Contributor
893 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sandos playacar beach resort and spa late october

I was at Sandos Playacar last October when Tropical Storm Rina made her appearance. Had 1 day of total clouds and 1 day of total rain, other than that, I agree with Nurses, pools were too cold for me but it was very comfortable to sit on the beach as the temps were in the low 80's. I always wore a light sweater at night.

The hotel is great, beautiful beach, good food in my opinion, very clean and a friendly staff.

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
725 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sandos playacar beach resort and spa late october

Hola markandmaryip..

I PM you some info on Sandos Playacar which should help.

Been going down to that area in October since 2007. Last year was the only weather concerns we have had. One thing with that , the resorts had days to prepare before Rina came though. Not like an tornado with little or no warnings where they are going to hit.

5. Re: sandos playacar beach resort and spa late october

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 02:41