We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

boat charters/sunset cruises

terre haute, indiana
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
boat charters/sunset cruises

hi does anyone know if you can charter a boat for a sunset cruise? there are 4 in our party and we want to do something special

terre haute, indiana
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: boat charters/sunset cruises

anyone?

terre haute, indiana
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: boat charters/sunset cruises

?

Midland, Texas
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: boat charters/sunset cruises

Try looking at the excursions on the Cancun Discounts website, there are sunset cruises that leave out of Playa del Carmen.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Gibbons, Alberta
Level Contributor
552 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: boat charters/sunset cruises

There are boats for charter in Cancun and most of the towns at the various marinas/docks. I looked into it and it can be very expensive to arrange ahead of time. For example there are catamaran's that hold 45 people that you can charter for a private sail - something like $900 for 2 or 3 hours. I've decided not to book anything in advance. When we are there we'll take a trip into Akumal, Playa del Carmen and Cancun and just go directly to the docks and make a private deal. I'm hoping to get a fisherman to take us out for cruise for a few hours for less than $150. Everything else seems to be large groups and we're not interested in that.

You can google Riviera Maya and some of the resulting pages will have links to tours/things to do. Wikipedia Travel has some decent information and links that you can find out more.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
terre haute, indiana
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: boat charters/sunset cruises

thank you both so much! i had been looking around and saw nothing. a private deal sounds great. 900$ my goodness! yeah i was thinking a small yacht like villa rolandi has and just going on a sunset cruise. we dont drink so no booze cruise and we really wanted it to be just us. thank you both

Midland, Texas
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: boat charters/sunset cruises

You're welcome and also gofishplaya.com offers a sightseeing tour for up to 6 people for $80 for an hour or $150 for two hours.

7. Re: boat charters/sunset cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 07:16