We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware of Apple Rep at RPRM - Misleading!

Bloomingdale...
Level Contributor
449 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Beware of Apple Rep at RPRM - Misleading!

Just back from Riu Palace Riviera Maya. I will be happy to answer any questions, but wanted people to be aware of the Apple Rep we dealt with for excursions. Please note we have used Apple Vacations for 4 other trips and never experienced a problem with onsite excursions in the past.

We booked a boat for deep sea fishing (Captain Rick's) and were quoted $390.00, (not including transportation there) for 4 hrs for up to 8 people. There were 4 in our party and we were all present during his speil. We were told this included food, beer, water and soft drinks. This was reiterated when asked again. Upon arrival at the marina we were told there would not be beer on board, so... no biggie, we purchased our own. Once on the boat, there was no food or soft drinks... ONLY BOTTLED WATER. Had we have know, we would have arranged accordingly.

Yes, I have been in contact with Apple and await a response. This post was to make future visitors aware that this representative was dishonest.

As for the excursion... it was wonderful. My husband and his buddy caught a white and blue marlin.

Soy La Pesera
Taxis & Shuttles
Caribe Viaggi
Dolphin & Whale Watching, Taxis & Shuttles, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Boat Tours, Archaeology Tours
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,393 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware of Apple Rep at RPRM - Misleading!

I hope the Tip to the Crew was "Next Time stock the Boat"...How wrong...

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware of Apple Rep at RPRM - Misleading!

Only thing I could find on Capt Rick's website and this was for boat listed as "Perla, Puffin, Reel Screamer & Reel Stripper" (this one incl. a bathroom!)

Price includes equipment, bait, license, softdrinks, water, captain and mate. Lunch included on a full day trip.

So sounds like APPLE didnt have the right info......Lunch is only included on full day trip. at least they should have had soft drinks. THe price was correct for a half-day trip.

Captain Rick's Facebook page:

www.facebook.com/CaptainRicksfishing?ref=ts

Edited: 18 June 2012, 14:10
sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,504 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beware of Apple Rep at RPRM - Misleading!

My expierence with Apple is that the rep at hotels are there to sell tours,etc..., they work most likely on commission basis and will tell you anything you want to hear. This why I don't use Apple Vacations, and besides they are most of the time more expensive than other tour operators, well at least from NYC area. And yes I am sure they did have the right info.

Edited: 18 June 2012, 16:23
Bloomingdale...
Level Contributor
449 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beware of Apple Rep at RPRM - Misleading!

In no way do I want to blame Captain Rick's company or crew. The excursion was wonderful. Fishing was not an excusrion of choice prior to arrival, so I did not investigate. I did not have my laptop with me to make any inquiries, however another employee from the RIU suggested them as being reputable.

I took on faith, the information received from the Apple representative was accurate. Whoops.....

5. Re: Beware of Apple Rep at RPRM - Misleading!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 10:15