We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coors Light in Mexico - REALLY?

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
332 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Coors Light in Mexico - REALLY?

In researching for my upcoming vacation, I find a recurring theme in many reviews; "I was disappointed that there was no Coors Light. How can you be a 5 star resort if you don't offer Coors Light?"

Really? I could understand if one was upset that a resort didn't offer Corona Light. But Coors Light.... in MEXICO? Why would a resort in MEXICO offer water that tastes like beer? What about the Canadians, Brits, Dutch, Italians and Germans? I don't see them whining about no Molson, Newcastle, Heinekin, Peroni or Becks.

I'd like to think that most travelers would enjoy the tastes of a new country. If one wants a Coors Light, perhaps the correct decision would be to vacation in Florida or Colorado. But, this is MEXICO!

I know I'll get nasty responses that nobody should dare question the guests preference of beer but, in all honesty, there are mega resorts that are 5 stars in Europe that don't offer Coors Light. I would imagine it is tough to find Coors Light in 5 star resorts in Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver. Maybe I'm the whiner for complaining about the people who whine about not getting Coors Light.

Black Hills of...
Level Contributor
756 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coors Light in Mexico - REALLY?

I agree with you, Traveler!

Edited: 19 June 2012, 14:20
sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,501 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coors Light in Mexico - REALLY?

Coors Light is actually available in many all inclusive resorts. Valentin for example. Having said that agree about people whining about the beer.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Coors Light in Mexico - REALLY?

Though my hubby drinks whatever beer our AI has, but I do have to admit he was thrilled that the RPDC had it available. Must be something addicting in that coors light ! Lol...people do go crazy for it!

liverpool
Level Contributor
332 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coors Light in Mexico - REALLY?

So, you're telling me that when I go in 5 weeks time, there wont be any Carling beer? That is outrageous. I must cancel right away, hahaha, joke. People need to embrace the culture of the country they are holidaying in. You wouldn't go to Spain and insist on a German beer on AI. I'm looking forward to trying Corona and, Dos Equis is it? Never drank them, you can get Corona in England but I have never tried it.

Also one further point, I have drunk Coors Light when in Las Vegas. The fact that someone actually likes that stuff and wants to drink it on holiday, is more shocking than a Mexico resort not providing it.

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,501 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coors Light in Mexico - REALLY?

evertonl

Well said, never understood why anybody would drink this stuff.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coors Light in Mexico - REALLY?

I can only assume people drink coors light because they haven't tried anything better LOL. Has to be one of the more tasteless, watery excuses for a beerish drink on the planet. You are in Mexico people, complain if they don't have Mexican beer!!!

This is one of my favorite complaints when reading reviews, that and the lack of face cloths (I was born with two appendages that I can wash my face with)

Hagerstown, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
2,640 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coors Light in Mexico - REALLY?

It always amazes me when people don't widen their horizons and try something new. Part of traveling (to me) is experiencing and learning about other countries and customs. They may be missing out on something even better!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coors Light in Mexico - REALLY?

Traveler - We actually have Coors Light in Canada and it's very popular and is one of my husband's favourites. That being said, though, he loves to go to other places and try the local beers, kindof like the fun of trying different foods.

We go to Punta Cana also and a lot of people won't go there because they don't want to drink only Presidente.

Prescott Ontario
Level Contributor
966 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coors Light in Mexico - REALLY?

Sol, Decate, Dos Equis, Modelo ... they're all so darned good!

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
332 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coors Light in Mexico - REALLY?

These are great comments. I recall from my Navy days in the early 70's being in England and discovering Whitbread Tankard, being in Germany and discovering Dab and being in Italy and enjoying Moretti. In America at the time, all I recall for Brit beer was Bass Ale and Lowenbrau and Beck's were about the only German brews one could get. And for those old enough to recall, the Carling that evertonl mentions is nothing like the Carling Black Label we used to get in the USA. The Brit version is so much better.

Still bracing for the pro Coors Light onslaught.