We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone flown on AirTran Airlines lately?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone flown on AirTran Airlines lately?

I've searched here on TA for questions about the airline, but the most recent topics were back in 2010.

I am wondering if anyone has flown on them lately? I've researched their website and know a few things about them, but I want to know what experiences others have had with checking in, flight, flight attendants, seats (roominess?), beverages/snacks, etc.

I am particularly interested to know if anyone has chosen to just use carry on luggage. I've read and reread the dimensions of allowed carry on luggage and it seems fairly large to me. I want to use only carry on this year and don't want to get stuck having to check it. Like I said, I read the dimensions and have VERY carefully purchased luggage within those dimensions, but it seems big to me. (dimensions are 24"X16"X10")

Anyone have any experience with this?

Virginia
Level Contributor
69 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone flown on AirTran Airlines lately?

Yes. I have used AirTran many times and have found them to be very reliable. In fact, I have almost always left early for my destination and arrived early. Once, they offered us an upgrade to business class when traveling to Orlando for our anniversary. It was great! they served us champagne :)

You should know that there are no frills... but it is efficient! Will be flying to Cancun in August on AirTran.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone flown on AirTran Airlines lately?

Thank you betheresoon!

I'll be flying early July! Its almost here! I don't really care how I get there, as long as I get there! LOL...

I am still curious about the carry on luggage though. Any experience with that?

3. Re: Has anyone flown on AirTran Airlines lately?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2012, 16:20
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,689 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone flown on AirTran Airlines lately?

Really bad attempt at advertising, not to mention spamming. Reported all posts.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone flown on AirTran Airlines lately?

Leyland....

Are you saying I was trying to advertise or spam?...I certainly hope not! !

I hope you were referring to oceanneptune and not me.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,689 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone flown on AirTran Airlines lately?

girlfromtexas, not sure what you could have been advertising! Oceanneptune on the other hand........

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone flown on AirTran Airlines lately?

ok, thank you...

I was just concerned because you said you have reported all posts...nothing was wrong with most of them...just the one, which I didn't click on anyhow.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,689 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone flown on AirTran Airlines lately?

Nearly all of oceanneptune's are advertising the same company on every thread he/she can find. Even tried on the Cuba forums haha!

Virginia
Level Contributor
69 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone flown on AirTran Airlines lately?

Yes... I usually only take carry ons... I am not sure of the dimensions though...

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone flown on AirTran Airlines lately?

Sorry to say that all of my experience (and those of my family) with Airtran have been poor. However, I attribute this to the old saying "you get what you pay for (and also what you don't)". It's not a bad airline per say, but it's cheap and you feel it the moment you step on the plane. The seats are cramped, service is minimal, and planes are very old which is something that I have difficulty with on a personal level. I will not fly with them again. It was not for me but they are a very popular airline for good reason - the prices.

If you want a budget price then go for it, just know what you are in for. Don't expect the same experience as you would on an airline like JetBlue for example where there is lots of leg room and free beverages and snacks for every flight. If you go in with the right mentality you will not be disappointed. I think Airtran has been great in that it has allowed air travel to become an option for many people's budgets who would have otherwise discounted the option based on economic reasons.